- USG for Humanitarian Affairs/ERC, Stephen O’Brien Statement to the Security Council on Syria, New York, 29 Sep 2016
- OCHA: Aleppo Crisis Situation Report No.1 (29 Sep 2016)
- Handicap Int'l: Qasef: Escaping the bombing - The use of explosive weapons in populated areas and forced displacement: perspectives from Syrian refugees
Appeals & Funding
- Syria: 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan Monitoring Report, Jan-Jun 2016 [EN/AR]
- Overview: 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan & 2016-2017 Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan [EN/AR]
- 2016 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan
- UNRWA Syria Regional Crisis Emergency Appeal 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- 3RP Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan 2016 - 2017 in response to the Syria Crisis | Mid-Year Report, June 2016
• An increase in the number of new South Sudanese refugees into White Nile State may be expected, according to UNHCR.
• Since 2011, about 100,000 Syrians have arrived in Sudan, mainly in the greater Khartoum area, according to Government estimates.
• An estimated 7,000 new IDPs arrived in Katur village from the Kosa area in Tawilla locality,
North Darfur State, according to the local authorities.
• About 4,000 new Jebel Marra IDPs arrived in Guldo town following hostilities between SAF and SLA-AW.
Increased fighting leaves between 250,000 to 275,000 people in eastern Aleppo in urgent need of protection and humanitarian assistance
Civilians under constant threat of attack following upsurge in violence. Hundreds reportedly killed
Tens of thousands of people in eastern Aleppo without safe drinking water after pumping station hit
All access routes to east Aleppo are closed. Civilians unable to leave
Since the beginning of 2016, the UN and partners successfuly delivered multi-sectoral assistance through inter-agency operat i ons, reaching over 1.2 million civilians in besieged, hard-to-reach and other priority cross-line locations with dire humanitarian needs. Many of these people were reached more than once. A total of 82 inter-agency convoys have been undertaken.
UNRWA has also delivered 32 convoys with multi-sectoral assistance to 19,000 in YBB*, including thousands of residents in and from Yarmouk.
Inter-agency cross-line humanitarian convoy to Big Orem attacked
Government declares end to week-long Cessation of Hostilities (CoH)
Improved humanitarian access into western Aleppo City
Two cross-border convoys reach 162,000 civilians in need
Evacuations from Al Wa’er postponed
Older Syrians three times more likely to display psychological stress
ERC O'Brien's Opening Remarks at London Conference Follow-up Session
Excellencies, Ministers, distinguished guests,
I would like to thank the Governments of the United Kingdom, Kuwait, Germany and Norway for co-hosting this important event together with the United Nations.