- South Sudan Crisis - Regional Impact Situation Report #63, 03 September 2015
- OCHA: South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin | Biweekly Update 31 August 2015
- Interim report of the Panel of Experts on South Sudan established pursuant to Security Council resolution 2206 (2015) (S/2015/656), 21 Aug 2015
- Under-Secretary-General Stephen O’Brien Briefing to the Security Council: The Humanitarian situation in South Sudan, 25 Aug 2015
Appeals & Funding
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2015 PDF XLS
- South Sudan Humanitarian Response Plan 2015: Midyear Update
- IOM South Sudan: 2015 Midyear Crisis Appeal
- Guide to Giving: Key ways of contributing to the crisis response in South Sudan
Brazzaville, 10 October 2014 - The World Health Organization (WHO) and partner organizations meeting in Brazzaville have agreed on a range of core actions to support countries unaffected by Ebola in strengthening their preparedness in the event of an outbreak.
Building on national and international existing preparedness efforts, a set of tools is being developed to help any country to intensify and accelerate their readiness.
Torrential rains impacted coastal Cote D’Ivoire during the past week.
An increase in rain was observed across dry areas in northwestern Ethiopia and southeastern Sudan
1) Heavy and above-average rains since May have oversaturated the grounds of southern Mali and lead to rainfall surpluses greater than 200% of normal in some locations. With heavy rain forecast during the next outlook period, the risk for new flooding across the region will be increased.
6789th Meeting (AM)
Generals from Missions in Africa, Haiti, Middle East Address Range Of Issues, Including Civilian Protection, Training Standards, Clarity of Mandates
The 18th ordinary summit of the Assembly of the African Union has just concluded. This historical summit took the unprecedented decision of putting the AU Commission for the first time under a care-taker leadership until another election is held at the next summit. The February issue of the PSC Report offers a review of the summit with brief reflections on the election for the position of the Chairperson of the AU Commission.
To see this news alert with links to sources, click here/5896A1EE1155EE42C1257930002EA358?OpenDocument)
Côte d’Ivoire: IDPs face eviction from camps
Each week the Global Logistics Cluster Support Cell (GLCSC) provides an operational update of the activities of Logistics Clusters/Sectors in the field, together with the details of the latest publications on the Logistics Cluster website. The GLCSC is housed in the Logistics Division of the UN World Food Programme, the Global Logistics Cluster Lead. It is comprised of a diverse, multi-skilled group of logisticians drawn from ACF, Care International, WFP, WVI, and MSB (formerly SRSA).
Policy & Practice Brief: Knowledge for durable peace - Issue #10, July 2011
By Dr Martha Mutisi