- WFP: South Sudan Situation Report #190, 21 August 2017
- OCHA: Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 13 | 17 August 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- UNHCR: 2017 South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- IOM Displacement Tracking & Monitoring (DTM) South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: South Sudan - Events of 2016
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jul 2016
- South Sudan: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2015
- Sudan/South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Mar 2015
- South Sudan: Kala-azar Outbreak - Sep 2014
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2014
- South Sudan: Cholera Outbreak - May 2014
- South Sudan: Measles Outbreak - Sep 2013
- South Sudan: Floods - Aug 2013
- 64.048 nouveaux arrivants de la RCA identifiés par les autorités locales, la Direction Générale de Migration et la Commission Nationale pour les Réfugiés depuis la mi-mai 2017.
- 5.819 réfugiés rwandais rapatriés en 2017.
- 616.543 réfugiés et demandeurs d’asile originaires de la République Démocratique du Congo se trouvent en Afrique.
- 64,048 new arrivals from CAR identified by local authorities, General Direction of Migration and National Commission for Refugees starting from mid-May 2017
- 5,819 Rwandan refugees repatriated from DRC in 2017
- 616,543 refugees and asylum-seekers from the Democratic Republic of the Congo in other African countries
South Sudan, Burundi and DRC Refugee Response Plans
REFUGEES IN NEED (by end 2017) 1,497,126
EXPECTED new INFLUX in 2017
SOUTH SUDAN RRP
SOUTH SUDAN – UGANDA REFUGEE RESPONSE PLAN
1,986,025* Total South Sudanese refugees in the region as of 31 July (pre and post Dec 2013 caseload)
560,688* South Sudanese refugee arrivals in 2017, based on field reports as of 31 July
275,187 Refugees in South Sudan and 2 million IDPs as of 31 July
A la veille de la Journée mondiale de l’aide humanitaire, Filippo Grandi rend hommage aux employés humanitaires qui ont perdu la vie dans l’exercice de leurs fonctions, en venant en aide aux personnes dans le besoin à travers le monde.
Par UNHCR Staff
GENEVE – Le chef du HCR a rendu hommage aujourd’hui « au courage et à la détermination » des travailleurs humanitaires qui risquent leur vie quotidiennement pour apporter une aide aux personnes affectées par les violences à travers le monde, et qui sont souvent eux-mêmes des cibles.
On the eve of World Humanitarian Day, Filippo Grandi pays tribute to humanitarians who have lost their lives helping people in need worldwide.
GENEVA – UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi today honoured the “commitment and spirit” of humanitarian workers who daily risk their lives to care for those affected by violence worldwide, and who are often targets themselves.
UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Filippo Grandi, paid his first official visit as High Commissioner to Sudan this week, at a time when refugees continue to flee the brutal conflict in South Sudan. He called on the international community to recognize Sudan’s long-standing tradition of hosting refugees and asked for more support for the country.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is today reiterating its call to the international community for urgent additional support for the South Sudan refugee situation and Uganda in particular, where the number of refugees from South Sudan has now reached 1 million.
Over the past 12 months, an average of 1,800 South Sudanese have been arriving in Uganda every day. In addition to the million there, a million or even more South Sudanese refugees are being hosted by Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Democratic Republic of the Congo and Central African Republic.
Wau POC area adjacent to UNMISS was established in June 2016, following violence in and around Wau town, making it the most recently established POC in South Sudan. It is also the most congested POC in the country, with registered population of 39,165 IDPs sheltering on just 200,000 m2 of land.
Current priority needs
1 Relocation of IDPs into new extension site
2 Registration of new arrivals
3 Installation of perimeter lights
During a visit to Sudan, Filippo Grandi calls on warring parties, regional states and the international community to do more to end the conflict which has uprooted nearly four million people.
By Babar Baloch | 16 August 2017
AL-NAMIR, East Darfur, Sudan - As worsening violence in South Sudan drives ever more men, women and children to run for their lives, the UN Refugee Chief is calling on warring parties, regional states and the international community to look for urgent ways to find peace.
There were four admissions today at the CTC as at 5pm, one turned negative for cholera RDT and three turned positive for cholera RDT.
Patient line listed yesterday Nuela Nyanzira comes from K3 protection not K3 Z1 B1.
We had one discharge to the community linked to community health workers.
Details of the discharged patient;
- Zamniba Eugene K3 protection
Cumulatively we have line listed 106 patients as of 12TH August 2017.
Increased influx of new arrivals to South Darfur observed in July.
Acute watery diarrhea outbreaks in East Darfur refugee camps have been contained.
Inter-agency mission visited Al Lait, North Darfur to monitor response, verify new arrivals and identify remaining gaps and needs.
16,172 Total new arrivals in July 2017
176,524 Total new arrivals in 2017 so far
Egypt remains a destination and transit country for refugees and asylum-seekers, most of which live in urban areas.
Currently, 208,398 refugees and asylum-seekers of 63 different nationalities are registered with UNHCR Egypt. Over half are from Syria.
27,766 people have registered with UNHCR Egypt since the beginning of 2017; 9,098 registered in May and June alone.
households/cases received multi-purpose cash grants in June 2017
and asylum-seekers (all nationalities) registered as of April 2017
Unaccompanied and separated children currently registered
refugees submitted to resettlement countries in 2017
Refugees departed for resettlement in 2017
USD 79.3 M
Requested for the operation in 2017
La situation sécuritaire dans l’Est (Bangassou, Alindao, Bria et Zemio), et à l’Ouest (Bocaranga,
Ngaounday, Bang) de la République Centrafricaine reste préoccupante. La persistance de quelques poches d’insécurité, a provoqué de nouveaux déplacements de civiles victimes d’attaques de groupes armés. Cependant, une pluie diluvienne s’est abattue sur la ville de Bambari, localité située au centre du pays, provoquant ainsi l’effondrement de 78 maisons dans la ville.
All figures are displayed in USD
171.7 M required for 2017 including special situations
36.0 M contributions received, representing 21% of requirements
135.7 M overall funding gap for South Sudan