- IOM South Sudan Humanitarian Update 50 (12–25 Jun 2015)
- FEWS South Sudan Food Security Alert June 24, 2015
- WFP: South Sudan Situation Report #82, 21 June 2015
Appeals & Funding
- South Sudan Humanitarian Response Plan 2015: Midyear Update
- IOM South Sudan: 2015 Midyear Crisis Appeal
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
- Guide to Giving: Key ways of contributing to the crisis response in South Sudan
• In June 2011, FSMS Round Four data collected from all nine states (except Unity) shows that the food security situation has remained relatively unchanged compared to the last round in February, with some interstate variations.
• The effect of North‐South Sudan border closure which resulted in shortage of food and fuel across South Sudan, insecurity and delayed start of season rainfall were the key drivers of food insecurity.
Cette Revue Trimestrielle de Sécurité du LRA Crisis Tracker fournit un résumé et une analyse des activités signalées de l’Armée de Résistance du Seigneur (LRA) entre avril et juin 2011 (la période de rapport soulignée) en République Démocratique du Congo (RDC), Sud-Soudan, et République Centrafricaine (RCA).
This LRA Crisis Tracker Quarterly Security Brief provides a summary and analysis of the reported activities of the Lord’s Resistance Army from April to June 2011 (highlighted reporting period) in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), South Sudan, and Central African Republic (CAR).
USAID Responds to Crisis in Abyei and Southern Kordofan
USAID is responding to humanitarian needs in Sudan, including assisting tens of thousands of Sudanese affected by recent fighting in the Abyei Area and Southern Kordofan State.
The humanitarian community estimates that the Abyei Area clashes displaced nearly 111,000 people. In Southern Kordofan, unconfirmed estimates put the number of displaced at approximately 73,000.
Special Focus: New Nation
• Gearing up for independence
• Investing in Southern Sudan’s economy
• Bridging the gap
• New state, new constitution
Displaced persons Fleeing conflict in Abyei
Landmines ‘A living testimony’
Health Fighting fear and disease
Photo Gallery Rafting on the White Nile
Children Reuniting families
Secretary-General’s Report Ban reviews border issues, proposes southern mission
Development Rich in promise
Security Wave of violence
The present report is submitted pursuant to Security Council resolution 1978 (2011), by which the Council expressed its readiness to consider the request of the Government of Southern Sudan for a continued United Nations presence and its intent to establish a mission to succeed the United Nations Mission in the Sudan (UNMIS) in South Sudan.
ACCORD, under its Sudan Conflict Transformation Initiative, held a five-day conflict management training course from 23-27 May 2011 in Durban, South Africa, for key personnel from South Sudan’s Ministry of Peace and CPA implementation. This initiative falls under the Memorandum of Understanding signed between ACCORD and the Ministry of Peace and CPA Implementation in April 2011, and aims to contribute to the achievement of positive peace in South Sudan.