- South Sudan Crisis - Regional Impact Situation Report #64, 30 September 2015
- WFP South Sudan Situation Report #96 26 September 2015
- OCHA: South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin | Biweekly Update 18 September 2015
Appeals & Funding
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2015 PDF XLS
- South Sudan Humanitarian Response Plan 2015: Midyear Update
- IOM South Sudan: 2015 Midyear Crisis Appeal
- Guide to Giving: Key ways of contributing to the crisis response in South Sudan
Sudan was still officially a united country at the start of 2011.
However, Southern Sudan was widely expected to secede and become a fully independent state following a referendum on independence in January 2011.
According to provisional results, nearly 99% voted for independence in the week-long referendum.
The Australian High Commissioner to Kenya, Mr Geoff Tooth, visited AMREF Headquarters on February 14, where he met and held discussions with AMREF Director General Dr Teguest Guerma, and members of AMREF’s Executive Committee. Mr Tooth was accompanied by AusAID Counsellor Sue Graves.