- UNICEF Humanitarian Situation Report #78, 25 - 28 January 2016
- OCHA: South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 1 | 25 January 2016
- UNMISS/OHCHR: The State of Human Rights in the Protracted Conflict in South Sudan
Appeals & Funding
- 2016 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2015 PDF XLS
- Guide to Giving: Key ways of contributing to the crisis response in South Sudan
Sudan was still officially a united country at the start of 2011.
However, Southern Sudan was widely expected to secede and become a fully independent state following a referendum on independence in January 2011.
According to provisional results, nearly 99% voted for independence in the week-long referendum.
The Australian High Commissioner to Kenya, Mr Geoff Tooth, visited AMREF Headquarters on February 14, where he met and held discussions with AMREF Director General Dr Teguest Guerma, and members of AMREF’s Executive Committee. Mr Tooth was accompanied by AusAID Counsellor Sue Graves.