- FEWS NET South Sudan Food Security Alert August 23, 2016
- OCHA South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 12, 23 Aug 2016
- WFP South Sudan Situation Report #140, 13-20 August 2016
Appeals & Funding
- 2016 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Revised South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (Jan-Dec 2016)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal January - December 2016
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- Guide to Giving: Key ways of contributing to the crisis response in South Sudan
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- A man-made catastrophe - A multimedia journey through South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- International Organization for Migration South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
Sudan was still officially a united country at the start of 2011.
However, Southern Sudan was widely expected to secede and become a fully independent state following a referendum on independence in January 2011.
According to provisional results, nearly 99% voted for independence in the week-long referendum.
The Australian High Commissioner to Kenya, Mr Geoff Tooth, visited AMREF Headquarters on February 14, where he met and held discussions with AMREF Director General Dr Teguest Guerma, and members of AMREF’s Executive Committee. Mr Tooth was accompanied by AusAID Counsellor Sue Graves.