- WFP South Sudan Situation Report #124, 30 April 2016
- UNHCR South Sudan Operational Update - 16 - 29 April 2016
- UNICEF South Sudan Humanitarian Situation Report #84, 8-21 April 2016
Appeals & Funding
- 2016 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- Guide to Giving: Key ways of contributing to the crisis response in South Sudan
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
In March 2016, fighting in Western Bahr el-Ghazal continued to forced thousands to flee their homes in and around Wau. In Gette payam, Jur River County, more than 5,000 IDPs are reported to be living in makeshift structures in four newly establish settlements after fleeing fighting in the border area between Bessilia and Gette payams during the month. In Jonglei, inter-communal fighting in Pochalla North and South counties from 21 to 31 March left thousands of people estimated to be displaced and in need of humanitarian assistance.
As of 30 April, global funding requirements to meet the needs of 89 million people across 39 countries through humanitarian response plans and appeals for 2016 amount to over US$20.3 billion. About $3.8 billion in funding has been received so far, leaving a shortfall of $16.5 billion. With the emergence of new humanitarian crises, global financial requirements have increased by around 2 per cent in the first trimester of the year.
In this issue
Implementing the Agenda for Humanity P.1
IGAD-SADC and conflict prevention P.2
The Great Lakes Pact and Rule of Law P.3
Domesticating the Kampala Convention P.4
Burundi Humanitarian Hotline installed P.6
Launch of Humanitarian-Private Sector Platforms P.6
HoA Initiative: Financing Humanity P 7
# of IDPs 11 m
# of refugees 3.4 m
• Between end January and 24 April 2016, 54,635 South Sudanese refugees have arrived in Sudan, according to aid organisations.
• In Central Darfur, about 5,200 IDPs from Jebel Marra have been reported in the Fanga Suk area and Rokero town following inter-agency missions.
• A new report by SKBN CU says renewed conflict between government forces and SPLMN has led to significant internal displacement and increased humanitarian needs in South Kordofan and Blue Nile states.
Khartoum, 26 April 2016. The Governments of Denmark and Ireland have donated $2.8 million and $3.2 million respectively, to the Sudan Humanitarian Fund (SHF) that will fund critical life-saving projects prioritised by humanitarian organisations in Sudan.
Trois années de conflit ont aggravé les taux déjà élevés d’insécurité alimentaire et de malnutrition.
Les enfants déplacés retrouvent le chemin de l’école
L’épidémie de méningite a tué 26 personnes dans la région nord.
Légère baisse (3 %) du nombre de PDI.
# de PDI 421 283
# de réfugiés à l’extérieur du pays 466 091
# de personnes ayant besoin d’une aide 2,3 M
# de personnes touchées par l’insécurité alimentaire
Since late January 2016, there has been a surge in the number of South Sudanese fleeing into Sudan. Approximately 54,000 South Sudanese refugees have arrived in East and South Darfur and West Kordofan in just over two months. East Darfur has received about 43,000 of these new arrivals.
New arrivals are mostly coming from South Sudan’s Northern Bahr El Ghazal and Warrap states due to worsening food insecurity and ongoing conflict in the area, and arrive in Sudan in urgent need of food, humanitarian assistance and protection.
South Sudanese refugee influx into Sudan continues, with close to 54,000 people having arrived in Sudan between late January and 17 April 2016.
Most of the South Sudanese refugees (78%) who arrived since January, have taken refuge in East Darfur.
Number of Jebel Marra IDPs in North Darfur is still being reviewed with expectations of a considerable decrease.
In Central Darfur, about 5,750 IDPs have returned to West Darfur and settled in the Rongatass area.
Zone Centre :
Du 19 au 26 avril: mission conjointe à Batangafo sur l’axe Kamba-Kota-Bondili et KaboMoyenne Sido.
Zone Est :
Suivi de la problématique d’accès à Bambari.
Zone Ouest :
Suivi de la problématique d’accès à Bambari.
• 52 aid workers killed since December 2013.
• Humanitarians reached Mboro after numerous attempts and delivered nutrition and medical supplies.
• Humanitarian organizations suffered about $1 million in losses due to looting and destruction of compounds and assets during fighting in Pibor.
• Humanitarians are working to rebuild Malakal PoC following February fighting and fires.
Two demining staff killed in Yei
Près de 80 000 personnes menacées d’insécurité alimentaire à la suite du ravage des cultures par des criquets dans le Territoire d’Aru.
Environ 7 000 personnes déplacées récemment signalées à Irumu centre.
La persistance des conflits inter communautaires dans le sud Irumu préoccupe les humanitaires.
Aperçu de la situation
Trend analysis (October 2015 - March 2016)
• The number of IDPs from Jebel Marra in Sortony in North Darfur is currently being reviewed by humanitarian agencies, as IOM has not been permitted to conduct registration of IDPs since 17 February.
• According to HAC, the number of IDPs in Central Darfur stands now at 14,439, an increase of about 70 people from what was reported last week.
• An estimated 55,400 South Sudanese have arrived in Sudan since late January 2016, according to aid agencies.
In March, humanitarian operations were hampered by violence against humanitarian personnel and assets, and restrictions of movement. Sixty access incidents were reported during the month, with the majority occurring in Central Equatoria, Upper Nile and Jonglei. Of these, 43 were cases of violence against personnel or assets, which represents an increase compared to February, when there were 34 such incidents.
IMPACT ON HUMANITARIAN RESPONSE
Période à venir 11 avril au 18 avril
Zone Centre : Planification de la mission pour la distribution des semences et des kits agricoles Plaidoyer du Cluster Santé au niveau du MSPP
Zone Ouest : Mission d’évaluation multisectorielle dans la zone de déplacement sur l’axe Bocaranga Koui