- FEWS NET South Sudan Food Security Alert August 23, 2016
- OCHA South Sudan Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 12, 23 Aug 2016
- WFP South Sudan Situation Report #140, 13-20 August 2016
Appeals & Funding
- 2016 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan
- IOM South Sudan Consolidated Appeal 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Revised South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (Jan-Dec 2016)
- UNHCR: South Sudan Situation Supplementary Appeal January - December 2016
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- Guide to Giving: Key ways of contributing to the crisis response in South Sudan
- OCHA South Sudan
- UNHCR South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- A man-made catastrophe - A multimedia journey through South Sudan
- Open Data for South Sudan
- International Organization for Migration South Sudan
- Office of the IGAD Special Envoys for South Sudan
- Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commission (JMEC)
- Food Security Cluster: South Sudan
- Logistics Cluster: South Sudan
UNMISS “Protection of Civilians” (PoC) Sites
As of 25 August 2016, a total of number of civilians seeking safety in six Protection of Civilians (PoC) sites located on UNMISS bases is 195,494 including 94,827 in Bentiu, 32,719 in Malakal, 38,084 in Juba UN House, 2,585 in Juba Tomping, 2,004 in Bor, 700 in Melut and 219 in Wau, in Western Bahr El Ghazal adjusted area 24,356.
Chad reports 5 cases while insecurity in South Sudan limits full access to endemic areas
19 August 2016¦ Geneva
The World Health Organization (WHO) has received reports of 5 confirmed human cases of dracunculiasis (guinea-worm disease) from Chad – the highest number reported so far this year by a single country endemic for the disease.
Les disparités entre les genres coûtent quelque 95 milliards de dollars US par an en moyenne à l’Afrique subsaharienne et ont culminé à 105 milliards de dollars de pertes en 2014 (soit 6 % du PIB régional), compromettant de ce fait les efforts du continent en faveur d’un développement humain et d’une croissance économique inclusifs, indique le Rapport.
Gender inequality is costing sub-Saharan Africa on average $US95 billion a year, peaking at US$105 billion in 2014– or six percent of the region’s GDP – jeopardising the continent’s efforts for inclusive human development and economic growth, according to the Africa Human Development Report 2016.
Published: 28 August 2016
Nairobi, Geneva, 28 August 2016 – As government leaders from Japan and Africa gather in Nairobi, Kenya for the 6th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), and the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) are calling for increased investment in strengthening community resilience so vulnerable families can better face future challenges, including disease outbreaks.
Posted by Brian Adeba
Phase III scale-up in full swing in Northern Bahr el Ghazal
- WFP and UNHCR to sign a MOU for cash-based transfers in the Makpandu refugee camp
- Lengthy tax exemption processes hamper road deliveries of life-saving nutrition commodities from Kenya and Uganda.
Approximately 189,000 beneficiaries have received life-saving food assistance in Northern Bahr el Ghazal since early August.
This Emergency Appeal seeks a total of 658,782 Swiss francs to enable the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) to support the Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) to deliver urgent assistance and support to some 40,000 refugees in Bidibidi camp for six months, with a focus on the following sectors: water, sanitation, hygiene promotion, emergency shelter and health.
Heavy fighting broke out in Juba on 7 July; although a ceasefire has since been declared, the situation remains tense and unpredictable. Fighting has also been reported in other parts of the country.
Efforts to scale up food assistance to populations facing rising food insecurity are ongoing. In Northern Bahr el Ghazal, air drops of food assistance recently commenced.
2014 Annual Narrative Report of IASC Gender Standby Capacity Project
2016 budget (in USD): US$ 3.88 million
Implementation period: 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2016
2016 deployments: 188 months of GenCap Adviser gender mainstreaming deployments and 12 months of Regional Gender Based Violence Adviser deployments, for a total of 200 deployment months for the project.
Près de 82 000 personnes souffrant du paludisme ont été prises en charge par MSF à Pawa et BomaMangbetu.
Plus de 75 000 personnes menacées par l’insécurité alimentaire dans le Territoire d’Aru.
25 August 2016, JUBA —The United Nations Development Programme’s new Youth Innovation Challenge for Peace launched official activities on Thursday with an introduction workshop designed to explain the competition process, rules, and innovation principles. More than 120 young people gathered to learn about the competition, which aims to spark out-of-the-box innovative ideas on engaging young South Sudanese in peace building and as agents of change.
397 Fractional-dose inactivated poliovirus vaccination campaign, Telangana state, India, June 2016 403 Monthly report on dracunculiasis cases, January– May 2016
397 Campagne de vaccination par une dose fractionnée de poliovirus inactivé, État du Telangana (Inde), juin 2016 403 Rapport mensuel des cas de dracunculose, janvier-mai 2016
The United Nations Humanitarian Response Depot (UNHRD) is a network of depots around the world (Ghana, Italy, UAE, Malaysia, Panama, Spain) that stores and manages relief items on behalf of the humanitarian community. Strategic stocks of emergency relief goods are available at any given time and, at the onset of an emergency, UNHRD is ready to dispatch immediately.