- UNHCR PRMN Flash Report Drought Update 1/2017 (27 January 2017)
- Situation Report for Acute Watery Diarrhea/Cholera - Epidemiological Week 5 (30th January – 5th Feb 2017)
- IFRC Somalia: Drought Emergency Plan of Action Operation update n°5 (MDRSO005)
Appeals & Funding
-Operational Plan for famine prevention (Jan-Jun 2017)
- Humanitarian Response Plan 2017
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- Rapid Results Drought Response Plan Somalia 2016/17: Urgent action to change the course of people’s lives, January – June 2017 - Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - IOM Humanitarian Compendium - - Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Somalia displacement portal
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- Human Rights Watch: Somalia - Events of 2016
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
Item 84 of the provisional agenda
(Poznan, 3 December 2008): Today, for the first time in climate change negotiations, the humanitarian agencies of the Inter-Agency Standing Committee have teamed up with disaster risk reduction staff of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) system to issue a joint call for scaled-up global action to reduce disaster risk and to strengthen preparedness for effective response.
The current negotiations on risk management and risk reduction in Poznan are a unique opportunity to make sure that adaptation action is able to prevent global humanitarian …
New York, 13 July 200 - Without addressing the root causes of poverty and providing real support and opportunities to the poor, "the sad but inescapable fact is that efforts at lasting disarmament will not be successful," the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Administrator Mark Malloch Brown told the UN Conference on the Illicit Trade in Small Arms today.
Press Kit - Fact Sheet 5
Small arms that have played big roles in conflicts that killed, injured, and terrorized millions of people over the last decade will be ceremoniously destroyed in several countries on Monday, 9 July. The events will mark Small Arms Destruction Day and the start of the UN Conference on the Illicit Trade in Small Arms, taking place in New York, 9 - 20 July.
The spread of small arms fuel conflict and crime in many countries, undermining the rule of law, economic growth and development, Larry de Boice, Deputy Director of the UNDP Emergency Response Division, will tell the preparatory committee of the global conference on small arms meeting today at UN Headquarters in New York.
War-crimes sleuths due in Kosovo today. UN aid rolled yesterday. Don't expect blue helmets of peacekeepers.
This report includes: A) FR Yugoslavia and region - Kosovo crisis B) Iraq C) Somalia D) Sierra Leone E) Angola F) General - Food Aid Needs and Shortfalls.
This report includes: A) Democratic People's Republic of Korea B) FR Yugoslavia and region - Kosovo crisis C) Angola D) Guinea Bissau E) East Africa: Regional and Burundi F) Somalia G) Central America - Hurricane Mitch operations.
This report includes: A) FR Yugoslavia and region - Kosovo crisis B) Angola C) East Africa: Burundi and Uganda D) Somalia E) Zambia F) Recently Approved WFP Emergency And Protracted Relief and Recovery Operations.
Refugees, displaced people and asylum seekers: Commission supports projects to improve reception facilities and to assist voluntary return