- OCHA Mid-Year Monitoring Report: 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan - Somalia (Covering January to June 2016)
- FSNAU Somalia Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Post Gu 2016 | Technical Series Report No VII. 69 October 19, 2016
- IOM Somalia: Displacement Tracking Matrix Trends (DTM Round I), Preliminary Report, June 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Update Call for Aid - Drought & El Niño July-September 2016
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016
- Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal Jul-Dec 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Yemen Situation Emergency Response (Jan-Dec 2016) Supplementary Appeal 2016
- FAO Rapid Results Drought Response Plan - Somaliland and Puntland
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Somalia displacement portal
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's Programme
Geneva, 4-8 October 2010
30 September 2010
This update presents some examples of challenges, progress and new developments in global programmes and partnerships since the last strategic overview presented to the 47th meeting of the Standing Committee in March 2010.
In one dreary morning, I, the pupil of kindergarten #2, became an IDP; to be more specific, I was forced to become an IDP. In several hours, I lost my friends, home and happy childhood. I experienced the horror of hunger and cold. At age of 6, I realized words "peace" and "bread". The vision of endless flow of people worn out from hunger and cold and the taste of a piece of bread I clutched in my fist will never fade from my memory.
Sixty-fourth General Assembly
17th Meeting (AM)
Multiplication of Operations Requires Thorough Reflection on Where, When, Why, How United Nations Should Resort to Peacekeepers, Committee Hears
This report is submitted to the European Parliament and the Council in compliance with the reporting requirement set out in Article 23 of Regulation (EC) N=B01717/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council of 15 November 2006 establishing an Instrument for Stability (the IfS Regulation). This article states:
'The Commission shall examine progress achieved in implementing the measures undertaken pursuant to this Regulation and shall submit to the European Parliament and the Council an annual report on the implementation of the assistance.
2943ème session du Conseil RELATIONS EXTERIEURES
2943rd EXTERNAL RELATIONS Council meeting
Le présent document est le deuxième programme indicatif (PI) pluriannuel pour le volet à long terme (article 4) de l'instrument de stabilité (IdS).
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Before taking your questions, let me make some brief opening statement.
First, in the context of the global financial crisis, I would like to call your attention to the closing of the General Debate and the remarkable success of our two High-Level Events on the Millennium Development Goals and African Development Needs. Everyone has felt the earthquake on Wall Street. But it has not shaken our resolve. Banks may be failing. But the world's bottom billion can bank on us.
Sixty-third General Assembly
13th & 14th Meetings (AM & PM)
Questions of national sovereignty, disarmament and nuclear non-proliferation dominated the debate in the General Assembly today, with world leaders calling for solidarity and reform of the Security Council to help diffuse the world's active and simmering conflicts -– in the Caucasus, Middle East and Korean Peninsula –- all of which carried powerful repercussions for neighbouring States and regions.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.
Georgia: UMCOR Provides Flood Relief
In the Republic of Georgia "April Showers" turned into April floods this year. For nearly a week, daily torrential rains accumulated, causing landslides and the worst flooding in recent history. The resulting destruction includes downed electric lines and contaminated water systems. UMCOR's NGO field office unit helped to assess the damage in four districts of western Georgia and build plans for disaster response and recovery. Your gift can make a difference to vulnerable families in the flood zones.