- FEWS NET Somalia Seasonal Monitor October 25, 2016
- OCHA Mid-Year Monitoring Report: 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan - Somalia (Covering January to June 2016)
- FSNAU Somalia Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Post Gu 2016 | Technical Series Report No VII. 69 October 19, 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Update Call for Aid - Drought & El Niño July-September 2016
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016
- Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal Jul-Dec 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Yemen Situation Emergency Response (Jan-Dec 2016) Supplementary Appeal 2016
- FAO Rapid Results Drought Response Plan - Somaliland and Puntland
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Somalia displacement portal
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the third quarter of 2016 (July to September). The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
Only 2 out of 5 people in need will receive food security support with current funding levels.
By Manipadma Jena
NEW DELHI/BONN, Oct 18 2016 (IPS) - One of the critical challenges facing the world today is that emerging migration patterns are increasingly rooted in the depletion of natural resources.
Entire populations are being disempowered and uprooted as the land that they rely on for their survival and for their future no longer provides sustenance.
IN 2015, ACTION AGAINST HUNGER’S GLOBAL NETWORK SERVED 14.9 MILLION PEOPLE IN 47 COUNTRIES.
Situation Générale en septembre 2016
Prévision jusqu'à’mi-novembre 2016
This brief summarizes FEWS NET’s most forward-looking analysis of projected emergency food assistance needs in FEWS NET coverage countries. The projected size of each country’s acutely food insecure population (IPC Phase 3 and higher) is compared to last year and the recent five-year average and categorized as Higher ( p), Similar ( u), or Lower ( q). Countries where external emergency food assistance needs are anticipated are identified. Projected lean season months highlighted in red indicate either an early start or an extension to the typical lean season.
As we write this, Africa is suffering from the strongest El Niño it has faced in decades, causing major floods and droughts throughout Africa, leading to rising economic losses and major impacts on the lives and livelihoods of millions across the continent. Countries across the continent are declaring states of emergency, and are calling on the international community for support.
Emergencies and crises disproportionately affect girls' access to education. Today, 4 of the 5 countries with the largest gender gaps in education are conflict-affected countries (CAR, Chad, Yemen and South Sudan). For secondary school the gender gap is even greater.
Les pays en développement ont fait des progrès considérables dans la réduction de la faim depuis 2000. L’Indice de la faim dans le monde 2016 (GHI) montre que le niveau de la faim pour l’ensemble des pays en développement a diminué de 29 %. Mais les progrès ont été inégaux et de grandes disparités persistent entre les régions mondiales, les pays ainsi qu’à l’intérieur des pays.
Global Hunger Index: Over 45 Countries on Pace for “Moderate” to “Alarming” Hunger Levels by 2030 UN Deadline OCT 11, 2016
Report Rates Hunger “Serious” or “Alarming” in 50 Countries in 2016
29 Percent Reduction in Global Hunger Index Scores Since 2000
As of 30 September 2016, UN-coordinated appeals and refugee response plans within the Global Humanitarian Overview (GHO) require US$22 billion to meet the needs of 95 million humanitarian crisis-affected people in 40 countries. Together the appeals are funded at $9.4 billion, leaving a shortfall of $12.6 billion.
Highlights of GAO-16-819, a report to the Chairman, Committee on Foreign Relations, U.S. Senate
Why GAO Did This Study?
This document was produced on 10 Septembert and the data displayed, refers to the month of Augus 2016
20 septembre 2016 – Le Président du Tchad, Idriss Déby Itno, a appelé mardi la communauté internationale à appuyer l'Union africaine (UA) et ses Etats membres dans leurs efforts de lutte contre le terrorisme, qu'il a qualifié de « menace du siècle », dans son discours devant l'Assemblée générale de l'ONU.
I. Candidate countries and potential candidates
On September 19, United Nations (UN) member states came together to formulate a more “coordinated and humane approach to address large movements of refugees and migrants," according to the New York Declaration that was ratified today at the UN's Global Summit on Refugees and Migrants.