- UNHCR Somalia Task Force on Yemen Situation: Inter-Agency Update #14 (16 July – 31 July 2016)
- UNICEF Somalia Humanitarian Situation Report #6, June 2016
- UNHCR Somalia Factsheet June 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Update Call for Aid - Drought & El Niño July-September 2016
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016
- Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal Jul-Dec 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Yemen Situation Emergency Response (Jan-Dec 2016) Supplementary Appeal 2016
- FAO Rapid Results Drought Response Plan - Somaliland and Puntland
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Somalia displacement portal
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
In April, WFP concluded an operational agreement with RRA and local civilian authorities in the Bay and Bakool region. The agreement sets out the respective roles and responsibilities of parties engaged in food assistance programmes in the two regions. Considerable work has been undertaken towards re-orienting of the WFP programme in most parts of southern Somalia towards food-for-work. Food-for-work programmes have already begun in Bay, Bakool and Hiran regions.
I. What’s New
Regional Humanitarian Coordinator: UN Secretary General Kofi Annan appointed Manuel Aranda da Silva as Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Horn of Africa on 1 May, to promote a coherent response by governments, UN agencies and NGOs to the crises affecting Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti and northern Kenya.
Regional Appeal to be released: The Somalia Inter-Agency Emergency Appeal, which will be part of a Horn of Africa Regional Emergency Appeal, is expected to be issued on 7 June.
Mogadishu City - Somali Peace Rally (SPR) believes that the current attitudes of animosity, incompatibility, suspicion and hostility by Somali warlords towards Djibouti peace plan for Somalia reflect their economic advantages in Somali conflict such as illegally printing Somali money and using public infrastructure for their personal interests.
WASHINGTON, DC 20523
at a glance
key issues affecting children
ETHIOPIA-ERITREA: Ethiopia asks OAU to modify peace plan
From ICRC NEWS 20
Press Release 00/30
Christian and Muslim Agencies working together to Save Lives now
Crop failure and the vicious fighting between
rival clans that plagues Somalia have left some 1.2 to 1.5 million people
at risk of serious food insecurity.
The worst affected areas are the Bay, Bakool and Gedo regions, where an estimated 730,000 people need assistance.
ETHIOPIA-ERITREA: Meles claims victory on all fronts
A/55/82 - S/2000/61
ETHIOPIA-ERITREA: Ethiopian planes bomb Asmara airport
Bureau de Coordination des Affaires Humanitaires - IRIN
Pour l'Afrique Centrale et de l'Est
Tél: +254 2 622 147
Fax: + 254 2 622 129
Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Integrated Regional Information Network
for Central and Eastern Africa
Tel: +254 2 622147
Fax: +254 2 622129
Mercy-USA has played a major role in controlling the outbreak of cholera in Jilib during this spring season. Mercy-USA and MSF-Spain jointly opened a cholera treatment center in the area. Mercy-USA provides this center with health staff from our MCH. In addition, we are chlorinating water sources in the region. UNICEF is providing us with the chlorine and oral rehydration salt (ORS) and WHO with intravenous (IV) solution.
SACB CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE