- OCHA Regional Outlook for the Horn of Africa and Great Lakes Region: Recommendations for Humanitarian Action and Resilience Response - Jan-Mar 2017
- ACAPS Briefing Note - Somalia: Food Security and Nutrition Crisis (24 February 2017)
- UN SC Report of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission on the situation in Somalia and the implementation of the mandate of the African Union Mission in Somalia (S/2017/91)
Appeals & Funding
- Horn of Africa: A Call for Action, February 2017
- Operational Plan for famine prevention (Jan-Jun 2017)
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017
- Humanitarian Response Plan 2017
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- Rapid Results Drought Response Plan Somalia 2016/17: Urgent action to change the course of people’s lives, January – June 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Somalia displacement portal
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- Human Rights Watch: Somalia - Events of 2016
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
From ICRC NEWS 20
Press Release 00/30
I. What’s New
Regional Humanitarian Coordinator: UN Secretary General Kofi Annan appointed Manuel Aranda da Silva as Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Horn of Africa on 1 May, to promote a coherent response by governments, UN agencies and NGOs to the crises affecting Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti and northern Kenya.
Regional Appeal to be released: The Somalia Inter-Agency Emergency Appeal, which will be part of a Horn of Africa Regional Emergency Appeal, is expected to be issued on 7 June.
Mogadishu City - Somali Peace Rally (SPR) believes that the current attitudes of animosity, incompatibility, suspicion and hostility by Somali warlords towards Djibouti peace plan for Somalia reflect their economic advantages in Somali conflict such as illegally printing Somali money and using public infrastructure for their personal interests.
at a glance
key issues affecting children
ETHIOPIA-ERITREA: Ethiopia asks OAU to modify peace plan
WASHINGTON, DC 20523
In April, WFP concluded an operational agreement with RRA and local civilian authorities in the Bay and Bakool region. The agreement sets out the respective roles and responsibilities of parties engaged in food assistance programmes in the two regions. Considerable work has been undertaken towards re-orienting of the WFP programme in most parts of southern Somalia towards food-for-work. Food-for-work programmes have already begun in Bay, Bakool and Hiran regions.
ETHIOPIA-ERITREA: Meles claims victory on all fronts
Crop failure and the vicious fighting between
rival clans that plagues Somalia have left some 1.2 to 1.5 million people
at risk of serious food insecurity.
The worst affected areas are the Bay, Bakool and Gedo regions, where an estimated 730,000 people need assistance.
Christian and Muslim Agencies working together to Save Lives now
A/55/82 - S/2000/61
ETHIOPIA-ERITREA: Ethiopian planes bomb Asmara airport
Bureau de Coordination des Affaires Humanitaires - IRIN
Pour l'Afrique Centrale et de l'Est
Tél: +254 2 622 147
Fax: + 254 2 622 129
Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
Integrated Regional Information Network
for Central and Eastern Africa
Tel: +254 2 622147
Fax: +254 2 622129
Mercy-USA has played a major role in controlling the outbreak of cholera in Jilib during this spring season. Mercy-USA and MSF-Spain jointly opened a cholera treatment center in the area. Mercy-USA provides this center with health staff from our MCH. In addition, we are chlorinating water sources in the region. UNICEF is providing us with the chlorine and oral rehydration salt (ORS) and WHO with intravenous (IV) solution.
SACB CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE