- UNHCR Somalia Task Force on Yemen Situation: Inter-Agency Update #14 (16 July – 31 July 2016)
- UNICEF Somalia Humanitarian Situation Report #6, June 2016
- UNHCR Somalia Factsheet June 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Update Call for Aid - Drought & El Niño July-September 2016
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016
- Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal Jul-Dec 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Yemen Situation Emergency Response (Jan-Dec 2016) Supplementary Appeal 2016
- FAO Rapid Results Drought Response Plan - Somaliland and Puntland
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Somalia displacement portal
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
The March to May 2004 climate forecast for the Greater Horn of Africa tends towards enhanced probabilities of near normal-rainfall conditions
SOOL / SANAAG
Source: FEWS NET
(New York, 27 February 2004): More than 200,000 people in Somalia's northern and central regions face extreme food shortages due to a prolonged drought considered the worst in 30 years, a new report has warned.
This report includes:
(A) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Iran, (3) Morocco
(B) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) D.R. Congo, (3) Djibouti , (4) Eritrea, (5) Ethiopia, (6) Kenya, (7) Rwanda, (8) Somalia, (9) Sudan, (10) Tanzania, (11) Uganda
(C) West Africa: (1) Chad, (2) Guinea, (3) Sierra Leone
(D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional , (2) Angola , (3) Lesotho , (4) Madagascar, (5) Mozambique, (6) Namibia, (7) Swaziland, (8) Zambia, (9) Zimbabwe
(E) Asia: (1) DPR Korea, (2) Myanmar
GENEVA, Feb 27 (UNHCR) - Millions of Africans uprooted by war are in sight of the day when they can return to their countries, UNHCR's head of operations in Africa told a press conference at the agency's Geneva headquarters today.
Nairobi (27 February 2004) -- The United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) operating in Somalia are appealing to donors for US $111 million for the year 2004 to fund a variety of emergency, recovery and development projects that will provide much needed assistance to the Somali people.
NAIROBI, Feb 27 (AFP) - UN agencies and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) operating in Somalia on Friday appealed for 111 million dollars to assist the war-torn Horn of Africa nation this year.
"The money will be used to fund a variety of emergency, recovery and development projects that will provide much needed assistance to the Somali people," a statement issued by the UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator for Somalia Maxwell Gaylord said.
Nairobi, 26 February 2004 - Refugees in Kenya face food shortages in the coming months unless WFP gets immediate cash infusions or further food donations.
CCA Guidance for Gulf of Guinea Rainfall in March-May 2004 at One Month Lead
NAIROBI, 25 February (IRIN) - The UN's World Food Programme (WFP) says thousands of refugees in northern Kenya face food shortages in the coming months unless the organisation gets immediate assistance.
NAIROBI, 24 February (IRIN) - The Somali national reconciliation conference has entered its third and final phase, during which the selection of future parliamentarians and the formation of an interim government will begin, according to a source from the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD), under whose auspices the talks are being held.
With food for refugees hosted by Ethiopia likely to run out by May, two United Nations bodies and the country's Government appealed today for $10 million to feed some 126,000 Sudanese and Somalis living in camps through the end of this year.