- WFP Drought Response Situation Report #6, 17 August 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Somalia July 2017 | Issued on 31 July 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Horn of Africa: A Call for Action, February 2017
- Operational Plan for Famine Prevention (Jan-Jun 2017)
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017
- Humanitarian Response Plan May 2017
- 2016-2018 Humanitarian Strategy
- FAO Somalia Famine Prevention and Drought Response Plan (Feb-Jul 2017)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Appeal Somalia Drought, January - June 2017
- UNHCR Somalia Situation Supplementary Appeal 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
- Business Guide: North-East Nigeria, South Sudan, Yemen and Somalia: Prevent Famine and Support Response
- OCHA Somalia
- UNHCR Information Sharing Portal: Refugees in the Horn of Africa: Somali Displacement Crisis
- FSNAU (FAO Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit Somalia)
- SWALIM (Somalia Water and Land Information Management)
- Human Rights Watch: Somalia - Events of 2016
- New Deal Somalia
- UNSOM (UN Assistance Mission in Somalia)
- Food Security Cluster: Somalia
- Logistics Cluster: Somalia
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Somalia: Floods - May 2016
- Somalia: Cholera Outbreak - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Megh - Nov 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Chapala - Nov 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Somalia: Drought - 2015-2017
- Somalia: Floods - Apr 2015
- Somalia: Floods - Oct 2014
- Somalia: Measles Outbreak - May 2014
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
SOOL / SANAAG
Source: FEWS NET
The March to May 2004 climate forecast for the Greater Horn of Africa tends towards enhanced probabilities of near normal-rainfall conditions
Nairobi (27 February 2004) -- The United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) operating in Somalia are appealing to donors for US $111 million for the year 2004 to fund a variety of emergency, recovery and development projects that will provide much needed assistance to the Somali people.
(New York, 27 February 2004): More than 200,000 people in Somalia's northern and central regions face extreme food shortages due to a prolonged drought considered the worst in 30 years, a new report has warned.
This report includes:
(A) Middle East, Central Asia and Eastern Europe: (1) Afghanistan, (2) Iran, (3) Morocco
(B) East and Central Africa: (1) Burundi, (2) D.R. Congo, (3) Djibouti , (4) Eritrea, (5) Ethiopia, (6) Kenya, (7) Rwanda, (8) Somalia, (9) Sudan, (10) Tanzania, (11) Uganda
(C) West Africa: (1) Chad, (2) Guinea, (3) Sierra Leone
(D) Southern Africa: (1) Regional , (2) Angola , (3) Lesotho , (4) Madagascar, (5) Mozambique, (6) Namibia, (7) Swaziland, (8) Zambia, (9) Zimbabwe
(E) Asia: (1) DPR Korea, (2) Myanmar
GENEVA, Feb 27 (UNHCR) - Millions of Africans uprooted by war are in sight of the day when they can return to their countries, UNHCR's head of operations in Africa told a press conference at the agency's Geneva headquarters today.
Nairobi, 26 February 2004 - Refugees in Kenya face food shortages in the coming months unless WFP gets immediate cash infusions or further food donations.
CCA Guidance for Gulf of Guinea Rainfall in March-May 2004 at One Month Lead
NAIROBI, 25 February (IRIN) - The UN's World Food Programme (WFP) says thousands of refugees in northern Kenya face food shortages in the coming months unless the organisation gets immediate assistance.
With food for refugees hosted by Ethiopia likely to run out by May, two United Nations bodies and the country's Government appealed today for $10 million to feed some 126,000 Sudanese and Somalis living in camps through the end of this year.
GENEVA, Feb 24 (UNHCR) - The UN refugee agency has made an urgent appeal for donors to act immediately to avert malnourishment and starvation among some 126,000 refugees in Ethiopia.
NAIROBI, 24 February (IRIN) - The Somali national reconciliation conference has entered its third and final phase, during which the selection of future parliamentarians and the formation of an interim government will begin, according to a source from the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD), under whose auspices the talks are being held.