Countries, territories and subnational areas reporting vector-borne Zika virus (ZIKV) infections for the first time since 1 February: None
Countries and territories reporting microcephaly and other central nervous system malformations potentially associated with ZIKV infection for the first time since 1 February: Mexico, Saint Martin
Countries and territories reporting Guillain-Barré syndrome cases associated with ZIKV infection for the first time since 1 February: Curaçao, Trinidad and Tobago
The following syndrome has been flagged:
· Diarrhoea: Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), Northern Mariana Islands, Tonga
· Influenza-like illness: FSM
· American Samoa has declared a public health emergency following the confirmation of dengue serotype-2 by the Hawaii State laboratory. Source: Media
· There is an increase in the number of dengue cases reported in Fiji, dengue serotype-2 has been identified in circulation.
The Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme has launched its new Strategic Plan, which will provide guidance and direction for the Secretariat over the next ten years.
The new Strategic Plan was approved at the annual SPREP meeting held last year in Niue, and has now replaced the previous five year strategic plan.
By Liam Fox
A group of seven Pacific island nations is calling on the United Nations to investigate allegations of widespread human rights abuses in Indonesia's Papua region, also known as West Papua.
Vanuatu's Justice Minister Ronald Warsal made the request to a session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva, and spoke on behalf of his own country as well as Tonga, Nauru, Palau, Tuvalu, the Marshall Islands and Solomon Islands.
Joint FAO-WFP support to Fiji Food Security & Livelihoods Cluster to complete Tropical Cyclone Winston Recovery Needs & Vulnerability Assessment
Cluster support, such as (training, workshops and remote support) activities and plans proposed for Solomon Islands, Fiji, and Vanuatu
Joint WFP-UNDP-rPFSCsupport to Solomon Islands Rapid Sectoral Assessment and 72-hr assessment tool training for Makira earthquake response
The World Health Organisation says the latest dengue outbreaks suggest it is spreading across the Pacific.
Read the full story on Radio New Zealand International
Les syndromes suivants ont été signalés :
Fièvre éruptive : Vanuatu
Diarrhée : Îles Marshall, États Fédérés de Micronésie Syndrome grippal : Niue Fièvre prolongée : Vanuatu
Autres relevés :
The following syndromes have been flagged:
· Acute Fever and Rash: Vanuatu
· Influenza-like illness: Niue
· Prolonged fever: Vanuatu
· Solomon Islands: As of 12 February 2017 there have been 10,498 cases across all ten (10) provinces since August 2016. A total of 2,917 rapid diagnostic tests (Dengue duo Standard Diagnostics) have been conducted from Week 33, 2016 to Week 6, 2017 and 1,276 (44%) were positive either NS1 or IgM.
Aucun syndrome n’a été signalé cette semaine.
Autres relevés :
· Îles Salomon : Entre le mois d’août 2016 et le 5 février 2017, 10 095 cas ont été déclarés dans l’ensemble des dix provinces du pays. Au total, 2 721 tests de diagnostic rapide ont été réalisés (diagnostic rapide classique Dengue Duo) entre la semaine 33 de 2016 et la semaine 5 de 2017, dont 1 178 (43 %) se sont révélés positifs (NS1 ou IgM).
There are no syndromes flagged this week.
· Solomon Islands: As of 5 February 2017 there have been 10,095 cases across all ten (10) provinces since August 2016. A total of 2,721 rapid diagnostic tests (Dengue duo Standard Diagnostics) have been conducted from Week 33, 2016 to Week 5, 2017 and 1178 (43%) were positive either NS1 or IgM.