- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 49 | 28 Nov - 4 Dec 2016
- FEWS NET Sudan: Food Security Outlook Update, October 2016 to May 2017
- UNICEF Sudan Humanitarian Situation Report, October 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016 [EN/AR]
- Humanitarian Response Plan, Jan-Dec 2016 [EN/AR]
- Sudan El Niño Mitigation and Preparedness Plan, Feb 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Revised South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (Jan-Dec 2016)
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
Finds refugees with disabilities to be among the most underserved and neglected people in the world
NEW YORK/GENEVA (June 23, 2008) - The Women's Commission for Refugee Women and Children today released 'Disabilities among Refugees and Conflict-Affected Populations,' the first major report to address the critical needs of a virtually invisible population: refugees and people displaced within …
UGANDA/ SUDAN: OUTBREAKS OF MENINGITIS KILL
On 9 February JRS staff in Sudan reported that a recent outbreak of meningitis in Rhino camp in northern Uganda spread north to the southern Sudan town of Nimule.
This latest outbreak in Nimule left five people dead and 60 others seriously ill. All of the infected persons are between 8 and 20 years of age.
The Sudanese ministry of health has sent vaccines but only for medical staff.