- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 46 | 9 – 15 Nov 2015
- IPC: Sudan Acute Food Insecurity Situation Overview (Sep- Nov 2015)
- FAO GIEWS Country Brief: Sudan 11 Nov 2015
Appeals & Funding
- 2015 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Sudan Humanitarian Response Plan 2015
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2015 PDF XLS
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
by Jacquie Kiggundu, Junior Professional Consultant and Research Assistant
SUDANESE PRESIDENT RESPONDS TO LETTER OUTLINING U.N. SUPPORT FOR AFRICAN UNION PEACEKEEPING EFFORTS IN DARFUR
On 24 January 2007, the Secretary-General and the Chairperson of the African Union Commission, Alpha Oumar Konaré, sent identical letters to the President of Sudan, Omer Hassan Ahmed El Bashir, which transmitted details of the United Nations "Heavy Package" of support for the African Union peacekeeping efforts in Darfur, Sudan.
Yesterday afternoon, the Secretary-General received a reply from President Bashir, dated 6 March.
The United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) has furnished $241 million to help provide relief to disaster-hit areas in some 30 countries since its establishment nine months ago, the world body's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) announced today.
Of the total, $164 million was disbursed from the rapid response facility for new or rapidly deteriorating emergencies in 24 countries. An additional $77 million from funds earmarked for under-funded emergencies was distributed across 16 countries.