- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 34 | 15 - 21 Aug 2016
- OCHA South Sudanese Influx into East Darfur Fact Sheet Issue 5, 25 Aug 2016
- UNICEF Humanitarian Situation Report, Jul 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016 [EN/AR]
- Humanitarian Response Plan, Jan-Dec 2016 [EN/AR]
- Sudan El Niño Mitigation and Preparedness Plan, Feb 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Revised South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (Jan-Dec 2016)
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
by Jacquie Kiggundu, Junior Professional Consultant and Research Assistant
SUDANESE PRESIDENT RESPONDS TO LETTER OUTLINING U.N. SUPPORT FOR AFRICAN UNION PEACEKEEPING EFFORTS IN DARFUR
On 24 January 2007, the Secretary-General and the Chairperson of the African Union Commission, Alpha Oumar Konaré, sent identical letters to the President of Sudan, Omer Hassan Ahmed El Bashir, which transmitted details of the United Nations "Heavy Package" of support for the African Union peacekeeping efforts in Darfur, Sudan.
Yesterday afternoon, the Secretary-General received a reply from President Bashir, dated 6 March.
The United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) has furnished $241 million to help provide relief to disaster-hit areas in some 30 countries since its establishment nine months ago, the world body's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) announced today.
Of the total, $164 million was disbursed from the rapid response facility for new or rapidly deteriorating emergencies in 24 countries. An additional $77 million from funds earmarked for under-funded emergencies was distributed across 16 countries.