- Extermination by Design: The Case for Crimes against Humanity in Sudan’s Nuba Mountains
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 45 | 3 – 9 November 2014
- FEWS NET Food Security Outlook September 2014
Appeals & Funding
- 2014 Revised Strategic Response Plan
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
- Pirates ply the east African coast
* Attacks hamper regional aid efforts
By Frank Nyakairu
NAIROBI, April 9 (Reuters) - Attacks by pirates off Somalia are making it ever harder for the U.N. food agency to deliver relief aid to the hungry in east Africa and the Horn of Africa, the World Food Program (WFP) said on Thursday.
Piracy off Somalia escalated once again with the capture of five vessels since the weekend, and the brief hijack of a ship with 20 American crew. Its captain is still being held hostage on a lifeboat.