- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 38 | 12 –18 Sep 2016
- WFP Country Brief, August 2016
- FEWSNET Food Security Outlook Update, August 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016 [EN/AR]
- Humanitarian Response Plan, Jan-Dec 2016 [EN/AR]
- Sudan El Niño Mitigation and Preparedness Plan, Feb 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Revised South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (Jan-Dec 2016)
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
- Pirates ply the east African coast
* Attacks hamper regional aid efforts
By Frank Nyakairu
NAIROBI, April 9 (Reuters) - Attacks by pirates off Somalia are making it ever harder for the U.N. food agency to deliver relief aid to the hungry in east Africa and the Horn of Africa, the World Food Program (WFP) said on Thursday.
Piracy off Somalia escalated once again with the capture of five vessels since the weekend, and the brief hijack of a ship with 20 American crew. Its captain is still being held hostage on a lifeboat.