- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 30 | 18 - 24 July 2016
- OCHA South Sudanese Influx into East Darfur Fact Sheet Issue 4, 11 Jul 2016
- Report of the Secretary-General on the African Union - United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (S/2016/587) [EN/AR], 1 Jul 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016 [EN/AR]
- Humanitarian Response Plan, Jan-Dec 2016 [EN/AR]
- Sudan El Niño Mitigation and Preparedness Plan, Feb 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Revised South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (Jan-Dec 2016)
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
KHARTOUM, Sudan, April 17 (UNHCR) – When Mohammed Humed fled from Eritrea to the famous Sudanese tourist destination of Kassala, he was not going on holidays. He was looking for a better life, one providing safety and peace.
"We left because we could see there was no freedom or sustainable future," said Mohammed, who is now 17-years-old and has succeeded in the three years since arriving in eastern Sudan better than he ever could have expected.
‘Women represent 50% of human capital. It is in every country’s interest to make sure that they are actively involved in society, the economy and political decision-making.’ These words were spoken by Minister of Foreign Affairs Uri Rosenthal in Leiden on Monday afternoon when he attended the launch of the second National Action Plan to implement Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security. Mr Rosenthal stressed the importance of women’s leadership and political involvement in peacebuilding efforts in conflict-affected areas.