- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 40 | 28 September – 4 October 2015
- FEWSNET: Food Security Outlook Update September 2015
- Report of the Secretary-General on the situation in Abyei (S/2015/700)
Appeals & Funding
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2015 PDF XLS
- 2015 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Sudan Humanitarian Response Plan 2015
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
KHARTOUM, Sudan, April 17 (UNHCR) – When Mohammed Humed fled from Eritrea to the famous Sudanese tourist destination of Kassala, he was not going on holidays. He was looking for a better life, one providing safety and peace.
"We left because we could see there was no freedom or sustainable future," said Mohammed, who is now 17-years-old and has succeeded in the three years since arriving in eastern Sudan better than he ever could have expected.
‘Women represent 50% of human capital. It is in every country’s interest to make sure that they are actively involved in society, the economy and political decision-making.’ These words were spoken by Minister of Foreign Affairs Uri Rosenthal in Leiden on Monday afternoon when he attended the launch of the second National Action Plan to implement Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security. Mr Rosenthal stressed the importance of women’s leadership and political involvement in peacebuilding efforts in conflict-affected areas.