- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 06 | 01 – 07 Feb 2016
- Human Rights Watch: Sudan: Events of 2015 [EN/AR]
- FEWS Network Food Security Outlook Update January 2016
Appeals & Funding
- 2015 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Humanitarian Response Plan 2015
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2015 PDF XLS
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
Joint IDMC-UNHCR press release - A record 33.3 million now displaced by war worldwide, as one family flees inside Syria every 60 seconds - Report
33.3 million people were internally displaced at the end of 2013 due to conflict and violence says a new report by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC). This equates to a staggering increase of 4.5 million from 2012, signalling a record high for the second year running.
Edward Yeranian | Cairo
At Cairo's posh Gazeera Club, workers leave the showers running as they sit nearby drinking tea and chatting. Large quantities of water pour down the drain as water pipes around the city and its suburbs run dry.
For inhabitants of Cairo’s poor neighborhoods, water only infrequently arrives via government pipes. In order to cook and stay hydrated, says resident Hossam Abdel Razaq, housewives trek to a local water dealer and buy the precious liquid for 25 cents. When water does briefly flow, he adds, kids run to the faucets to drink.