- UNICEF Sudan Humanitarian Situation Report, April 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 11 | 24 April - 7 May2017
- FEWS NET Sudan Food Security Outlook Update, April 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Humanitarian Response Plan, Jan-Dec 2016 [EN/AR]
- 2017 South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan Revised (May 2017)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - Sudan
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
- OCHA Sudan Who Does What Where Presence Dashboard
- OCHA Sudan
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal: Sudan
- Human Security Baseline Assessment for Sudan and South Sudan (HSBA)
- Satellite Sentinel Project
- Food Security Cluster: Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: Sudan - Events of 2016
Joint IDMC-UNHCR press release - A record 33.3 million now displaced by war worldwide, as one family flees inside Syria every 60 seconds - Report
33.3 million people were internally displaced at the end of 2013 due to conflict and violence says a new report by the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC). This equates to a staggering increase of 4.5 million from 2012, signalling a record high for the second year running.
Edward Yeranian | Cairo
At Cairo's posh Gazeera Club, workers leave the showers running as they sit nearby drinking tea and chatting. Large quantities of water pour down the drain as water pipes around the city and its suburbs run dry.
For inhabitants of Cairo’s poor neighborhoods, water only infrequently arrives via government pipes. In order to cook and stay hydrated, says resident Hossam Abdel Razaq, housewives trek to a local water dealer and buy the precious liquid for 25 cents. When water does briefly flow, he adds, kids run to the faucets to drink.