- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 34 | 15 - 21 Aug 2016
- OCHA South Sudanese Influx into East Darfur Fact Sheet Issue 5, 25 Aug 2016
- UNICEF Humanitarian Situation Report, Jul 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016 [EN/AR]
- Humanitarian Response Plan, Jan-Dec 2016 [EN/AR]
- Sudan El Niño Mitigation and Preparedness Plan, Feb 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Revised South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (Jan-Dec 2016)
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
Uganda Red Cross Volunteers on June 26th braved the night, cold and bloody boarder of Nimule – Connecting Uganda to South Sudan in rescue of refugees fleeing uncertainty when fighting broke out in Wau, South Sudan forcing thousands of people to flee to Uganda. The situation has since been tense and alarming. Hundreds of lives have been claimed in the fights and many more rescued because of the presence of Humanitarian support from key players like Uganda Red Cross.
Above-average rains remain favorable to cropping in northern areas, but flooding risks remain
Total rainfall since mid-July has been above average in most northern areas of East Africa, including most of Sudan, western and northern Ethiopia, South Sudan, Djibouti, and Yemen, and is contributing to mostly favorable cropping and rangeland conditions.
Regional mixed migration summary for July 2016 covering mixed migration events, trends and data for Djibouti, Eritrea, South Sudan, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Puntland, Somalia, Somaliland and Yemen.
Terminology: Throughout this report the term migrant/refugee is used to cover all those involved in the mixed migration flows (including asylum seekers, trafficked persons, smuggled economic migrants, refugees). If the caseload mentioned refers only to refugees or asylum seekers or trafficked persons it will be clearly stated.
13,889 Identified unaccompanied Minors and Separated Children
Households provided with cash grants since 1st January 2015
NFIs distributed since January 2015
Shelters distributed since January 2016
Population of Concern
Total of people of concern 560,134
USD 272,100,000 requested
PROJECTED FOOD ASSISTANCE NEEDS FOR FEBRUARY 2017