- UNHCR Operational Update for South Sudan 12th to 18th Dec 2014
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 50 | 8 – 14 Dec 2014
- Extermination by Design: The Case for Crimes against Humanity in Sudan’s Nuba Mountains
Appeals & Funding
- 2014 Revised Strategic Response Plan
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
An overwhelming majority of Iraqi refugees 91.6% of refugees and asylum-seekers registered with UNHCR in Syria are from Iraq. The Government of Syria, which has continuously implemented a generous policy towards the stay of Iraqi refugees, estimates that the country hosts about one million Iraqis. 64.6% come from the region of Baghdad alone and 62.4% sought refuge in Syria five or more years ago. 35% of the 27,681 families registered are female-headed households.
Secretary-General: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. It is a great pleasure to see you. I am sorry that I couldn't have a press conference with you last month, because of my very hectic schedule. I am pleased to have this monthly regular press conference today.
Yesterday, as you know, I briefed the General Assembly on the latest developments regarding the H1N1 epidemic.
As you know, this outbreak is yet another reminder that we live an interconnected world.