- OCHA Regional Outlook for the Horn of Africa and Great Lakes Region: Recommendations for Humanitarian Action and Resilience Response - Jan-Mar 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 5 | 6 – 12 Feb 2017
- UNICEF Sudan Humanitarian Situation Report, Jan 2017
Appeals & Funding
- ACT/Caritas Appeal Darfur – 2017 Programme SDN171, EA 01/2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - Sudan
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016 [EN/AR]
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
- OCHA Sudan Who Does What Where Presence Dashboard
- OCHA Sudan
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- South Sudan Situation Information Sharing Portal: Sudan
- Human Security Baseline Assessment for Sudan and South Sudan (HSBA)
- Satellite Sentinel Project
- Food Security Cluster: Sudan
- Human Rights Watch: Sudan - Events of 2016
Cleaning Up Juba
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
EL GENEINA, Ouest-Darfour, 28 février (UNHCR) -- Une évolution inquiétante a été récemment observée par l'UNHCR dans la région frontalière entre le Tchad et le Soudan, en proie à des troubles : les populations traversent désormais la frontière dans les deux sens.
Ceci est un résumé des déclarations du porte-parole du HCR Jennifer Pagonis -- à qui toute citation peut être attribuée -- lors de la conférence de presse du 28 février 2006 au Palais des Nations à Genève.
The court may offer the only hope for many rape victims to see justice done.
As the United Nations plans for the replacement of the African Union Mission in Darfur, Sudan (AMIS) by UN peacekeepers, lack of resources may prevent the African Union forces from maintaining and improving their capacities. Even if the Security Council passes the resolution authorizing the UN Mission in Sudan to expand to Darfur as early as this March, the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) estimates that it will take at least six to nine months for the transfer from AMIS to the UN to be completed. Many inside DPKO set the hand-over date as late as January 1, 2007.
By Jeremy Bransten
The humanitarian catastrophe in Sudan's Darfur province -- one of the world's most pressing refugee crises -- is deepening and spreading across the border to Chad.
Distrust of the United Nations and warnings of Al Qaida involvement are growing in the Sudanese capital Khartoum, the UN's envoy to the troubled African nation warned today, saying that both are linked to the uncertainty surrounding peacekeeping operations in strife-torn Darfur.
Describing the working environment for UN staff in the capital as "very difficult," Jan Pronk, the Secretary-General's Special Representative, said that "politically we are a bit in a stalemate," referring in particular to the African Union (AU) peacekeeping force in the Darfur region …
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesperson Jennifer Pagonis - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at the press briefing, on 28 February 2006, at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
A multi-agency operation to contain an outbreak of cholera and acute watery diarrhoea which have killed at least 89 people in the Juba and Yei areas of southern Sudan, is ongoing.
ADDIS ABABA, Feb 28 (Reuters) - A meeting of African Union members on whether to hand over the AU's mission in Sudan's Darfur region to the United Nations has been postponed until March 10, an AU spokesman said on Tuesday.
Too many guns in our society, say young people across the Middle East region according to a new report published today by the Middle East North Africa Network on Small Arms (MENAANSA).
- In Gaza, from January 2003 to October 2005, at least 1,258 people, including children have been injured or killed as a result of gun misuse in their communities.51.7% of the young people surveyed identified the proliferation and misuse of small arms to be their major source for insecurity.
- In Ramallah, 60% of young people surveyed believe there are too many guns in their communities.
Story and photograph by Anna Kilkenny
JUBA, Sudan, Feb 27, 2006 (Xinhua via COMTEX) -- The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) announced here in southern Sudan on Monday that it started to implement its Recovery and Rehabilitation Program (RRP) for Sudan.