- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin | Issue 49 | 28 Nov - 4 Dec 2016
- FEWS NET Sudan: Food Security Outlook Update, October 2016 to May 2017
- UNICEF Sudan Humanitarian Situation Report, October 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016 [EN/AR]
- Humanitarian Response Plan, Jan-Dec 2016 [EN/AR]
- Sudan El Niño Mitigation and Preparedness Plan, Feb 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNHCR: Revised South Sudan Regional Refugee Response Plan (Jan-Dec 2016)
- Common Humanitarian Fund (CHF) in 2016 PDF XLS
- CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund)
Mapping global human rights risk
Mejoran las perspectivas agrícolas mundiales, pero las temporadas de carestía acechan en un futuro inmediato
8 de diciembre de 2016, Roma - Los conflictos civiles y el impacto de una meteorología adversa han afectado gravemente a la seguridad alimentaria en 2016, aumentando el número de países que necesitan ayuda alimentaria, según un informe de la FAO. La nueva edición de Perspectivas de cosechas y situación alimentaria, publicada hoy, subraya que 39 países necesitan de ayuda externa para conseguir alimentos.
An Action Plan for the protection of children from recruitment and use in armed conflict was signed between the UN and the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N). This paves the way to a tangible commitment from SPLM-N to seek real solutions to protecting the children of Sudan from recruitment in armed conflict.
Of 21 children earlier released from detainment for association with armed movements, 20 have been reunified with their families and one placed in an alternative care arrangement.
Les perspectives agricoles mondiales s’améliorent malgré la menace de saisons maigres dans un futur proche
• WFP has resumed its school meals programme benefiting more than 7,000 students in 21 schools in Blue Nile State.
• WVI project helps 800 farmers in Blue Nile State increase their sorghum production.
• Preparations underway for establishing El Nimir camp for 11,000 South Sudanese refugees from Western Bahr el Ghazal in East Darfur.
• Aid agencies continue to assist about 53,000 Jebel Marra IDPs in four locations in North Darfur.
WFP resumes school-feeding in Blue Nile State
Nearly 4,000 refugees relocate from Yida to Pamir camp: In Pamir refugee camp, as of 30 November, UNHCR relocated 2,332 refugees from Yida to Pamir including 2,185 refugees previously settled in Yida settlement. Cumulatively, 3,766 refugees have been relocated from Yida to Pamir, including 3,386 individuals previously settled in Yida settlement since opening its opening in September. The total population of Pamir camp now stands at 3,788 individuals (869 households).
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – In 2013, African Union (AU) leaders committed to a future where the continent is free from the scourge of conflict; pledging to ‘end all wars in Africa by 2020.’
But the high ideals of Vision 2020 – also referred to as ‘Silencing the Guns’ – can only become a reality if pragmatic steps are taken to curb the misuse and uncontrolled spread of arms. One such measure is the enforcement of United Nations (UN)-imposed arms embargoes.
Child migration occurs everywhere in the world and for different reasons. Migration might be forced through natural disasters or war. It might be the result of exploitation, in the case of victims of trafficking.
Ongoing conflicts continue to intensify food insecurity
Global agricultural prospects are improving but lean seasons loom in near future
8 December 2016, Rome - Civil conflict and weather-related shocks have severely stressed food security in 2016, increasing the number of countries in need of food assistance, according to a FAO report. The new edition of the Crop Prospects and Food Situation report, released today, highlights 39 countries that are in need of external assistance for food.
En 2017, plus de 4,7 millions de personnes auront besoin d’assistance humanitaire au Tchad.
Selon l’enquête nutritionnelle SMART de novembre 2016, 10 régions ont enregistré des taux de malnutrition aigüe sévère (MAS) au-dessus du seuil d’urgence de l’OMS (2%).
Le Tchad perd chaque année environ 9,5 pour cent de son Produit intérieur brut (PIB), soit plus de 578 milliards de FCFA à cause de la sous-nutrition.
414,552 South Sudanese arrivals since 8 July 2016, based on field reports (as of 13 Nov)
1,309,275 Total South Sudanese refugees as of 13 Nov (both pre and post Dec 2013 caseload and new arrivals)
260,453 Refugees in South Sudan
1.8 M Internally Displaced People (IDPs) in South Sudan, including 204,370 people in UNMISS Protection of Civilians site
FUNDING (as of 17 November)
Poursuite d’une résurgence en Mauritanie et développement de plus petites en Érythrée et au Yémen
- Introduction: Understanding and Measuring Safe Migration Solon Ardittis and Frank Laczko
- Defining safe migration: The migrant’s perspective and the role of sending countries in research and data collection A case study from IOM Iraq Benedetta Cordaro
- Opportunities and challenges for existing approaches to measuring and monitoring human trafficking Harry Cook and Eliza Galos
- Perspectives on safe migration: The case of irregular and unsafe migration from the Horn of Africa Bram Frouws
- IOM’s Displacement Tracking …
On 1 November, IOM assisted 167 stranded Nigerien migrants, including 48 women, 40 children and 79 men, to return home to Niger from southern Libya.
The Community Stabilization Programme brought the Southern Heritage Festival for Peace to Twaiwa Village on 15 November.
IOM has offered two mobile-phones for the 32 women who escaped from the Islamic State in Sirte, with more interventions planned.
IOM Libya’s Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) has released its fourth Flow Monitoring Analytical report.
2 Jordan hosts the second highest number (87) of refugees per 1,000 inhabitants in the world
6 Jordan is the sixth highest refugee-hosting country in the world
93 Percentage of Syrians living outside of camps under the Jordanian poverty line
1 in 5 Refugees registered with UNHCR in Jordan receive cash assistance to help meet essential needs like food and shelter
Population of concern
A total of 726,585 individuals
DAMAZIN – Following a more than five-year hiatus, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) resumed its school meals programme in Sudan’s Blue Nile State this week for more than 7,000 students in 21 schools.
Insecurity and lack of access had forced WFP to suspend the programme in September 2011. Prior to this interruption, WFP had provided school meals to around 70,000 students throughout Blue Nile State.
Les appels et plans de réponse dans 33 pays visent à aider 93 millions de personnes
For 2017, humanitarian partners will require $22.2 billion to meet the needs of 92.8 million people in 33 countries. The initial appeal for 2016 stood at $20.1 billion to meet the needs of 87.6 million people in 37 countries. This is in stark contrast to the $2.7 billion called for in the first six inter-agency humanitarian appeals launched in 1992. The last quarter century has seen an overwhelming shift in frequency, scale and magnitude of humanitarian emergencies.