- OCHA: Protection of Civilians Weekly Report | 26 January – 2 February
- UNRWA: Gaza Situation Report 129, 26 January – 2 February 2016
- UNICEF: State of Palestine: Humanitarian Situation Report #12, 18 Jan 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2016
- 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan
- UNRWA Emergency Appeal 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- UNRWA launches annual winter fundraising campaign, #shareyourwarmth
- Emergency Response Fund (ERF) in 2015 PDF XLS
- Humanitarian Response Fund
- OCHA in oPt
- OCHA Reported Access Incidents of Humanitarian Organizations Database
- OCHA Vulnerability Profile of Palestinian Communities in Area C
- OCHA: Gaza One Year On: Marking One Year Since the 2014 Escalation of Hostilities
- UNRWA (UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East)
- Amnesty Int'l: The Gaza Platform - An interactive map of Israeli attacks during the 2014 Gaza conflict
- UN Information System on the Question of Palestine (UNISPAL)
- OCHA Gaza Crossings Activities Database
West Bank/East Jerusalem
- 25 families have been provided with post-demolition emergency shelter assistance.
- Demolitions of residential structures in January represent a 193% increase on the monthly average in 2015 and a 200% increase in donor-funded structures. 7,000 people are at risk of demolition or displacement and 61 communities are at risk of forcible transfer.
4 February 2016 – An international conference on war-torn Syria in London today pledged a record $10 billion after United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon laid out three main objectives: raising $7 billion in immediate humanitarian aid, mustering long-term support, and protecting civilians.
Workshop Report Istanbul- 5-7th December 2015 By: The Humanitarian Forum
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry announces nearly $601 million in new humanitarian funding for Syria and neighboring countries
Relief agencies reach four besieged areas with emergency food and other humanitarian assistance since January
Ground conflict and aerial bombardment displace nearly 472,000 people between April and December 2015
Health teams vaccinate 3 million children across Syria against polio in 2015
4 February 2016 – Heads of State and Government met in London today at an international conference on Syria, with United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon laying out three main objectives: raising $7 billion in immediate humanitarian aid, mustering long-term support, and protecting civilians.
Thank you Rouba (Mhaissen); we are listening carefully to you.
Excellencies, colleagues, ladies and gentlemen,
Thank you to the Governments of the United Kingdom, Kuwait, Germany and Norway for co-hosting this important event with the United Nations.
Reporting period: 26 January - 2 February 2016 Latest Developments (outside of the reporting period):
On 3 February, Palestinians carried out a stabbing and shooting attack in East Jerusalem resulting in the killing of an Israeli policewoman and of the three suspected perpetrators; at least one additional policewoman was injured.
26 January –2 February 2015 | Issue 129
1. The present report is the twenty - third submitted pursuant to paragraph 17 of Security Council resolution 2139 (2014), paragraph 10 of Council resolution 2165 (2014), paragraph 5 of Council resolution 2191 (2014) and paragraph 5 of Council resolution 2258 (2015), in which the Council requested the Secretary - General to report, every 30 days, on the implementation of the resolutions by all parties to the conflict in the Syrian Ara b Republic.
Following a generous donation of approximately US$ 4.6 million by the Qatar-based Al Fakhoora, a programme of Education Above All Foundation, to UNRWA to undertake maintenance and repair activities across 43 UNRWA schools in Gaza, a delegation from the Qatar Development Fund paid a visit to the UNRWA Al Fakhoora school in North Gaza on 2 February. The delegation was led by executive manager Mr. Ali Al Dabagh and included various representatives from Al Fakhoora Education Programme.
UNRWA today appealed to donors for US$ 414 million to meet the critical humanitarian needs of Palestine refugees affected by the conflict in Syria, which is now entering its sixth year. The Agency’s 2016 Emergency Appeal for the Syria Regional Crisis aims to support 450,000 Palestine refugees inside Syria, as well as the 60,000 who have fled to Lebanon and Jordan.
Snapshot 27 January – 2 February 2016
Boko Haram in Nigeria, Cameroon, and Chad: 86 people were killed and 62 injured, with 15 missing after Boko Haram set fire to Dalori, near Maiduguri in Borno state. The past week also saw attacks in Chibok that left 13 dead and 30 injured. 40 civilians were reported dead after Cameroonian troops announced they were carrying out a search for BH militants in the area. In Cameroon, 52 people were killed in BH attacks in January. In Chad, two suicide bombings in Lac region left three dead and 56 wounded.
Khan Yunis, Palestinian Territories | AFP | Sunday 1/31/2016 - 03:14 GMT
by Adel Zaanoun
Azza al-Najjar struggles in vain to keep her two-year-old warm by wrapping him in blankets in her prefabricated metal home as a winter storm lashes the Gaza Strip.
"The cold increases the suffering of people here," the 24-year-old mother says.
"My son has breathing problems and with the weather his condition has worsened."
This Quarterly Update covers the activities of the Geneva-based Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) between 1 October and 31 December 2015. It is also available to be read online or downloaded at www.internal-displacement.org.
IDMC, established by the Norwegian Refugee Council, is the leading non-governmental body monitoring internal displacement worldwide.
Climate Change: Displacement recognised in the COP 21 Paris agreement
- During the reporting week UNRWA commenced the distribution of Non-Food Items (NFIs) such as tarpaulin, blankets, mattresses, heaters and other items for displaced and other vulnerable Palestine refugees as part of the Agency’s annual winterization campaign, launched under the hashtag #shareyourwarmth.
The two-week reporting period recorded eight Palestinian attacks and alleged attacks resulting in the killing of two Israeli settler women and eight of the Palestinian perpetrators and alleged perpetrators, including four children (a 13-year-old girl and three 17-year-old boys). Another two Israeli women, one of them pregnant, were injured. Only one of the suspected perpetrators, a 16 year-old boy, escaped the scene and was subsequently arrested.
Regional Office 2016 Requirements: US$3,500,000
**Total affected population**: 2.3 million
Total affected children (under 18): 1 million
Total people to be reached in 2016: 450,000
Total children to be reached in 2016: 250,000
2016 programme targets
- 183,250 people (50 per cent children) in Gaza benefitted from access to water networks, improved sanitation and hygiene supplies
- 163,470 people (68,435 children) in the West Bank benefitted from increased access to safe drinking water and sanitation