- UNRWA: Gaza Situation Report 185, 7 – 14 March 2017
- OCHA: Protection of Civilians Weekly Report | 21 February - 6 March 2017
- WFP/FAO/FSC: Food Security Sector 2016 4th Quarter Highlight
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Response Plan
- UNRWA Emergency Appeal 2017
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
- Humanitarian Response Fund
- OCHA in oPt
- OCHA Reported Access Incidents of Humanitarian Organizations Database
- OCHA Vulnerability Profile of Palestinian Communities in Area C
- OCHA: Gaza One Year On: Marking One Year Since the 2014 Escalation of Hostilities
- UNRWA (UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East)
- UN Information System on the Question of Palestine (UNISPAL)
- OCHA Gaza Crossings Activities Database
- Food Security Cluster: State of Palestine
- Human Rights Watch: Israel/Palestine - Events of 2016
The refugee camp, near the southern Lebanese city of Sidon, has regularly seen factional disputes spiral into deadly violence
AIN EL-HILWEH, Lebanon, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Clashes between gunmen in the Ain el-Hilweh Palestinian refugee camp in southern Lebanon intensified on Tuesday, with a severely wounded child the latest casualty in several days of violence, witnesses and security sources said.
More than USD 22 M were injected into local economy through vouchers/ e-cards since JANUARY 2016
• December distribution took place from 7 to 9 December 2016, targeting 76,020 beneficiaries (73,302 Syrian refugees and 2,718 Palestinian refugees from Syria). The redemption period for December cycle ended on 20 December 2016.
February 23, 2017. The number of exits of Palestinians through Erez Crossing in January 2017 has decreased by 44% compared to January 2016. A total of 8,669 exits were recorded at Erez in January, more than half of them by merchants (4,419 exits). Only a tiny percentage of Gaza’s residents are permitted to travel through Erez Crossing, Gaza’s main gateway to the rest of the world, to begin with. This small gateway is now getting narrower still..
This morning, 20 Feb. 2017, the Civil Administration demolished the home of an elderly woman – a trailer donated by a humanitarian aid organization – in the Palestinian community of al-Mehtiwish, which lies near Khan al-Ahmar on land Israel earmarked for expanding the Maale Adumim settlement. The CA also demolished a water pipe in the Jordan Valley which residents of Khirbet al-Hadidiyah and Khirbet Humsah had laid with the help of humanitarian organization, as Israel refuses to hook up these communities to the water grid.
The Palestinian Human Rights Organizations Council (PHROC) strongly condemns the refusal by Israeli authorities to grant a work permit to Omar Shakir, Human Rights Watch Israel and Palestine director. The refusal reflects a larger policy of repression of human rights work by Israeli authorities through movement restrictions, arbitrary arrests, travel bans, and denial of entry.
The 2017-2020 Lebanon Crisis Reponses Plan (LCRP) was presented on 19 January 2017. The joint plan between the Government of Lebanon and the UN provides a sectoral approach to continue help stabilize the country and assist those that are most vulnerable. WFP has appealed for USD 281.2 million out of a total of USD 507.2 million required for activities in the food security sector.
Abdel Salam Manasra is a Gazan citizen in his 50s, who has dedicated his life to agriculture and farming. Farming has always been his family’s main profession, as inherited from their descendants. Abdel Salam’s farmland is located east of the Shuja'iyya neighborhood in Gaza city, near the Israeli border - an area which used to represent the food basket of Gaza, with its variety of stone and citrus fruits, fig and olive trees, as well as different kinds of vegetables.
The ongoing war in Syria has taken its toll on Lebanon’s peace and stability. Since the beginning of the crisis the country has become home to over 1.5 million refugees— the vast majority of whom live in poverty and struggle to meet their survival needs. Over the past year, as pressure on basic services has mounted and economic opportunities dwindled, the displaced have increasingly turned to negative coping strategies. At the same time, attitudes among Lebanese host communities have hardened.
Date: 24 February 2017
Subject: (1) Israel: Elor Azaria case
"We are deeply disturbed at the lenient sentence given by the Tel Aviv Military Court earlier this week to an Israeli soldier convicted of unlawfully killing a wounded Palestinian in an apparent extrajudicial execution of an unarmed man who clearly posed no imminent threat.
The Government of Japan has contributed US$ 28.4 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) in support of the Agency’s core programmes, emergency response efforts and priority projects.
people in need of aid as a result of emergencies – almost 60% of all people-in-need globally
people displaced (internally and in neighboring countries) as a result of conflict and natural disasters
7 graded emergencies
directly and indirectly affecting a total of 14 countries
in Somalia and Sudan
H5N1, MERS CoV, Polio
health security threats currently in the Region
14,094 arrivals to Spain
5,932 land arrivals
8,162 sea arrivals
On 21 February, an Israeli military court issued a prison sentence of 18 months to an Israeli soldier, who, in March 2016 in Hebron city, shot dead a wounded Palestinian after he carried out an attack. According to the court ruling, the injured man was lying on the ground without posing any threat, when he was killed.
Three Palestinian civilians were wounded, including a child, in the West Bank.
Israeli forces continued to target Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Sea.
- 5 fishermen were arrested, one of whom was wounded, and their boat was confiscated in the northern Gaza Strip.
2016 saw a marked increase in the number of homes Israeli authorities demolished throughout the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, citing lack of building permits as a pretext. The scale of demolitions documented by B’Tselem this year is the most extensive since we began systematically documenting demolitions in 2004. In East Jerusalem, authorities demolished 88 residential buildings and 48 other structures.
1. The present report is the thirty-sixth submitted pursuant to paragraph 17 of Security Council resolution 2139 (2014), paragraph 10 of Council resolution 2165 (2014), paragraph 5 of Council resolution 2191 (2014), paragraph 5 of Council resolution 2258 (2015), and paragraph 5 of Council resolution 2332 (2016) in which the Council requested the Secretary-General to report, every 30 days, on the implementation of the resolutions by all parties to the conflict in the Syrian Arab Republic.
Today, the Coordinator for Humanitarian Aid and UN Development Activities for the occupied Palestinian territory, Robert Piper, and Director of UNRWA Operations in the West Bank, Scott Anderson, visited the Palestinian Bedouin community of Khan al Ahmar in Area C, in the immediate outskirts of East Jerusalem.
On Tuesday morning, 21 February 2017, Israeli gunboats chased and opened fire at a Palestinian fishing boat. As a result, 5 fishermen, including a boy, were arrested and the fishing boat was confiscated. The Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) noticed that Israeli forces have recently concentrated their attacks against fishermen in Gaza Sea, denying them access to their livelihood and free fishing in Gaza Sea.
Ramallah, 22 February 2017
Following the launch of the Palestine National Policy Agenda (NPA) for 2017 – 2022, United Nations Special Coordinator Nickolay Mladenov made the following statement:
“I congratulate Prime Minister Hamdallah, his government, civil society and the business community for finalising an ambitious policy agenda for Palestine that articulates a strong, clear vision for the Palestinian people.