- WFP DPR Korea Country Brief, Aug 2016
- GHA/Start Network: Crisis Briefing: Humanitarian funding analysis: Flooding in DPRK, 13 Sep 2016
- UN RC DPRK Joint Assessment North Hamgyong Floods 2016
Appeals & Funding
- DPR Korea: Flood Emergency Response Plan (Sep 2016)
- 2016 DPR Korea: Needs and Priorities
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
World cereal production in 2007 is forecast by FAO to increase some 4 percent to a record 2 082 million tonnes. The bulk of the increase is expected in maize, with a bumper crop already being gathered in South America, and a sharp increase in plantings expected in the United States. A significant rise in wheat output is also foreseen, with a recovery in some major exporting countries' crops after weather problems last year.
Another good cereal crop likely in 2007 in the group of Low-Income Food-Deficit countries (LIFDCs).