- PLOS - Survivors’ Solidarity and Attachment in the Immediate Aftermath of the Typhoon Haiyan, 9 January 2017
- UNICEF Philippines Humanitarian Situation Report – December 2016
- IFRC Typhoon Haima - Emergency Appeal n° MDRPH022 Revision, 20 December 2016
Appeals & Funding
- National Disaster Risk Reduction & Management Council (NDRRMC)
- PAGASA (Philippines Atmospheric, Geophysical & Astronomical Services Administration)
- Philippine National Disaster Response Pillar
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Food Security Cluster: the Philippines
- Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process
- Human Rights Watch: Philippines - Events of 2016
Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's Programme
Geneva, 4-8 October 2010
30 September 2010
This update presents some examples of challenges, progress and new developments in global programmes and partnerships since the last strategic overview presented to the 47th meeting of the Standing Committee in March 2010.
Each week, the World Health Organization Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on critical health-related activities in countries where there are humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and headquarters. The mandate of the WHO departments specifically concerned with Emergency and Humanitarian Action in Crises is to increase the effectiveness of the WHO contribution to crisis preparedness and response, transition and recovery.