- WFP Philippines Country Brief, July 2017
- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 7 | August 2017
- Protection Cluster: IDP protection assessment report - Armed Confrontations and Displacement in Marawi, Issue No. 3, 14 Jul 2017
Appeals & Funding
- National Disaster Risk Reduction & Management Council (NDRRMC)
- Dept of Social Welfare and Development: Virtual OpCen
- PAGASA (Philippines Atmospheric, Geophysical & Astronomical Services Administration)
- Philippine National Disaster Response Pillar
- Food Security Cluster: the Philippines
- Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process
- Human Rights Watch: Philippines - Events of 2016
- Philippines: Earthquakes - Jul 2017
- Philippines: Earthquakes - Feb 2017
- Philippines: Floods and Landslides - Jan 2017
- Typhoon Nock-ten - Dec 2016
- Typhoon Haima - Oct 2016
- Typhoon Sarika - Oct 2016
- Philippines: Floods and Landslides - Aug 2016
- Tropical Depression Twenty-Nine - Dec 2015
- Typhoon Melor - Dec 2015
- Typhoon Koppu - Oct 2015
Lou Ellen L.Antonio
ILIGAN CITY/Mindanao Hour, July 30 (PIA)--The Provincial Government of Cebu donated a check amounting one million pesos for the victims of the ongoing conflict in Marawi City.
The Office of the Mayor, Marawi City, represented by City Treasurer, Anggay M. Abdullah accepted the donation from Baltz S. Tribunalo Jr., Provincial Government Department Head, Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (PDRRM-Cebu).
Official Foot-Dragging on Urgent Prevention Measures
By Carlos H. Conde
The Philippines’ human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) epidemic is a “national emergency,” the head of the AIDS Research Group of the health department’s Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) said Monday.
Lou Ellen Antonio
ILIGAN CITY/ Mindanao Hour, July 31 (PIA)— The Rotary Club of Iligan Maria Christina (RCIMC) and Rotary Club of Metro Ranao, of Rotary International District (RID) 3870 received its partner Club District 3820 of the Rotary Club of Naga, who arrived in Iligan City bringing along relief goods.
Some 250 set of relief goods for the people displaced by the ongoing conflict in Marawi City were distributed to Canaway evacuation center and internally displaced persons (IDPs) of Upper Hinaplanon, this city.
MARAWI CITY, Lanao del Sur, Aug. 1 – The Department of Education in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (DepEd-ARMM) continues to exert to ensure the welfare of the school children and teachers affected by the Marawi crisis.
Alfhadar Pajiji, DepEd-ARMM assistant secretary, said the department will be providing e-learning assistance, psychosocial first aid, and a feeding program for affected school children.
COTABATO CITY August 2 (PIA) – The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM remains in the forefront in addressing the needs of thousands of displaced families in Lanao del Sur affected by the Marawi Crisis.
ARMM Gov. Mujiv Hataman on Tuesday August 1, dispatched four truckloads of rice and food packs to the provincial and local government units of Bacolod Kalawi, Kapai, Wao, Madamba, Lumbayanague and Bayang intended for a total of 19,611 internally displaced persons (IDPs).
MANILA, August 2 -- The Social Security System (SSS) said it allotted around P74 million for its calamity loan assistance program (CLAP) for its active members and pensioners in conflict-hit Marawi City in Lanao del Sur and earthquake-stricken Ormoc province in Leyte.
SSS President and Chief Executive Officer Emmanuel F. Dooc said qualified members and pensioners may avail of the loan assistance starting August 2, 2017.
Nearly 360,000 remain displaced by the Marawi conflict as government shifts from response to rehabilitation and recovery.
Displaced communities in Marawi convey their need for more information on their return and to be included in plans for recovery.
The Philippines continues to increase its capacity in urban search and rescue and to have a team classified under international standards.
On 27 July 2017, a flood incident affected the City of Malabon and Valenzuela due to the Southwest Monsoon. The said weather disturbance continues to bring about heavy rains in Metro Manila and other areas of the country such as Regions I, CAR, III, CALABARZON, and MIMAROPA. Source: DOST-PAGASA Daily Weather Forecast
1) Status of Affected Families / Persons
To date, there are 2,750 families or 12,329 persons affected in 113 barangays in Regions I, III, NCR, CALABARZON and CAR (see Table 1).
A. AFFECTED POPULATION
- A total of 4,130 families or 16,052 persons were affected in 27 barangays in the Province of Leyte (Region VIII). Of which, 2,070 families/8,439 persons are being serviced in 20 evacuation centres. While, 1,954 families/7,426 persons are currently staying outside the ECs with either their family or friends:
Protecting displaced children, families and host communities from disease and illnesses
This is the final report on the Armed Conflict in Maguindanao which started on 5 June 2017.
1. Situation Overview
A firefight ensued between the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and lawless armed men last June 5, 2017 at around 10:30 AM in six (6) municipalities of Maguindanao: Shariff Saidona Mustapha, Shariff Aguak, Mamasapano, Datu Unsay, Datu Saudi Ampatuan and Datu Salibo.
2. Status of Internally Displaced Families/Persons
On 3 July, the 1591 Sudan Sanctions Committee met to discuss the report of the chair, Ambassador Volodymyr Yelchenko (Ukraine), on his 14 to 18 May 2017 visit to Sudan (SC/12903). Yelchenko briefed Council members in consultations on the work of the committee on 24 July.
Children and Armed Conflict
GENEVA (31 July 2017) – The Government of the Philippines must urgently address growing reports of human rights violations, including murder, threats against indigenous peoples and the summary execution of children, a group of United Nations experts* has said.
“Attacks are spiralling against many groups in society and we are making an urgent appeal for Government action,” the experts said in a joint call for action.
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.