- UNICEF Pakistan: Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 January – 30 June 2017
- WFP: In-depth Food Security and Livelihoods Assessment of Returned Households in FATA (May 2017)
- Govt. Pakistan: Polio Update, June 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
- Pakistan: Earthquakes - Sep 2013
Education unlocks the potential of young minds, and helps new generations realise their dreams for the future. However, we are facing a global education crisis. Millions of children are out of school, or in school but not learning. We must put education at the top of the agenda.
Despite heavy rains in other parts of East Africa, dryness remains in northern Ethiopia and Eritrea
Africa Weather Hazards
Several weeks of above-normal rainfall has led to saturated ground conditions and increased the risk of flooding in Ethiopia, Sudan, and South Sudan. Heavy rainfall is forecast over the region during early August.
Between 1 January and 31 July 2017, 95,213 persons arrived in Italy by sea. This is a 2% increase compared to sea arrivals in the same period last year (93,774).
Trends in sea arrivals should be assessed over time, as fluctuations on a monthly basis may be linked to various factors, including weather and sea conditions or the situation in the countries of departure and origin. Geopolitical developments and the capacity of smugglers to organize departures may also affect sea arrivals.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
Situation Générale en juillet 2017 Prévision jusqu'à’mi-septembre 2017
La situation relative au Criquet pèlerin a continué à rester calme en juillet. Des opérations de lutte ont été réalisées en Iran et, dans une moindre mesure, en Algérie où une reproduction à petite échelle avait eu lieu. Des ailés en faibles effectifs sont apparus dans les aires de reproduction estivale de Mauritanie, du Soudan et de part et d’autre de la frontière indopakistanaise.
General Situation during July 2017 Forecast until mid-September 2017
Flooding observed in Nigeria and heavy rain continues in Ethiopia, Sudan, and South Sudan
Below-average rainfall since mid-May has led to abnormal dryness across eastern Uganda and southwestern Kenya. Moisture deficits are likely to negatively impact cropping and Pastoral activities.
Repeated weeks of very heavy, above-normal rains have oversaturated the ground in parts of Ethiopia, Sudan, and South Sudan. More heavy rain during the next week is likely to cause further flooding.