- ACAPS Briefing Note: Pakistan Drought in Sindh, 19 April 2017
- IFRC Pakistan: Balochistan Floods/Snowfall 2017 - DREF Operation n° MDRPK013 - Operations Update n° 1
- Oxfam: Social Accountability in Pakistan: Participatory governance in urban WASH
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
An analysis based on actual persons registered in the UNHCR refugee database (proGres)
An estimated 1 million women live with obstetric fistula, a devastating consequence of prolonged obstructed labor, and thousands of new case develop each year. Life-restoring treatment for women with fistula is available at the health facilities on this map
This website allows you to explore how different scenarios of global greenhouse gas emissions and adaptation to climate change could change the geography of food insecurity in developing and least-developed countries. By altering the levels of future global greenhouse gas emissions and/or the levels of adaptation, you can see how vulnerability to food insecurity changes over time, and compare and contrast these different future scenarios with each other and the present day.
In November 2015, more than 1,000 Cuban nationals were reported to be camped out at the Paso Canoas border crossing with Panama. In view of requirements for entering the country and the fact that these migrants did not meet them, a significant amount of people began to congregate in this border community, taking to living in the streets while they waited for a solution to their immigration status. The Costa Rican government issued permits allowing migrants to enter the country and continue on their way to the United States.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 11-17 December 2016 and includes updates on Zika virus and influenza.
- 561 Meeting of the Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on immunization, October 2016 – conclusions and recommendations
- 583 Monthly report on dracunculiasis cases, January– October 2016
- 561 Réunion du Groupe stratégique consultatif d’experts sur la vaccination, octobre 2016 – conclusions et recommandations
- 583 Rapport mensuel des cas de dracunculose, janvieroctobre 2016
Global Overview NOVEMBER 2016
Who Suffers Most From Extreme Weather Events? Weather-related Loss Events in 2015 and 1996 to 2015
by Beh Lih Yi | @BehLihYi | Thomson Reuters Foundation
Friday, 11 November 2016 10:54 GMT
Three fifths of the 5.9 million children who died before their fifth birthday last year lived in just 10 countries
By Beh Lih Yi
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 11 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Sixty percent of the world's 5.9 million children who died before their fifth birthday last year were in 10 countries in Asia and Africa, said a study published on Friday, prompting calls for action to reduce the mortality.