- WFP Situation Report #19, 31 July 2015
- OCHA/UN RHC in Nepal/ACAPS: Weekly Situation Update, 31 July 2015
- OCHA: Three months on many humanitarian needs and challenges remain in Nepal
Appeals & Funding
- Int'l Conference on Nepal's Reconstruction, 25 Jun 2015
- Nepal Flash Appeal Revision: Nepal Earthquake Apr-Sep 2015
- Flash Appeal - Business Guide
- LogIK - Logistics Information About In-Kind Relief Aid
- Guide to Giving
KATHMANDU, NEPAL — The Prime Minister of Nepal, Sushil Koirala, today opened the newly constructed Koshi Bridge in Chatara in Sunsari District, restoring mass connectivity and economic activities in the eastern development region and directly benefitting the districts of Sunsari, Saptari, and Udaypur.
Heavy rains during the last two weeks have caused floods and landslides in several parts of the country. On 31 Jul, the President’s Office announced natural disaster zones in Chin State, Sagaing Region, Magway Region and Rakhine State. As of 2 Aug, the Government has reported over 200,000 people affected and 36 people killed. This figure is likely to rise as more information becomes available.
The Government is leading the response providing food, water, medicines, shelter, non-food items, cash and other relief items.