- WFP Niger Country Brief, June 2017
- UNICEF Niger Humanitarian Situation Report, June 2017)
- OCHA Bulletin humanitaire, Mai - Juin 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- 2017 Lake Chad Basin Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview EN FR
- 2017 Sahel - Overview of humanitarian needs and requirements EN FR
- Nigeria Situation 2017 Supplementary Appeal Jan-Dec 2017 (Rev Jul 2017)
- Nigeria Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan-Dec 2017
- Lake Chad Basin crisis: Response strategy (2017–2019)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Niger: Floods - Jun 2017
- Niger: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Apr 2017
- Niger: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2017
- Niger: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Niger: Floods - Jul 2016
- Niger: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2016
- Niger: Floods - Jul 2015
- Niger: Meningitis and Measles Outbreaks - Apr 2015
- Niger: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2014
2 nd meeting of the LLF Impact Committee in Riyadh approves major pipeline of $242.6 million in development projects for 2017
Representatives from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development, and the Islamic Development Bank agree on project pipeline to lift poorest OIC countries out of poverty
Projects approved in Tajikistan, Sudan, Djibouti, Niger, Mauritania, Cameroon, Uganda, and Guinea
Situation Générale en mai 2015, Prévision jusqu'à ’mi-juillet 2015
La situation relative au Criquet pèlerin est restée calme en mai. Aucune reproduction significative n'a eu lieu cette année dans les aires de reproduction printanière de l'Afrique du nord ouest, de la péninsule arabique et de l’Asie du sud-ouest, ou la végétation a continue a se dessécher.
General Situation during May 2015 Forecast until mid-July 2015
The Desert Locust situation remained calm during May. No significant breeding occurred this year in the spring breeding areas of Northwest Africa, the Arabian Peninsula and Southwest Asia where vegetation continues to dry out. During the forecast period, low numbers of solitarious adults are likely to appear in parts of the vast summer breeding areas in the northern Sahel, stretching from Mauritania to western Eritrea as well as along both sides of the Indo-Pakistan border.
Situation Générale en février 2015 Prévision jusqu'à ’mi-avril 2015
La situation relative au Criquet pèlerin est restée préoccupante en février le long de la cote de la mer Rouge, au Soudan et en Érythrée, où des opérations de lutte ont été réalisées contre un grand nombre de bandes larvaires, groupes d’ailes et essaims.
- A large area of enhanced rainfall may trigger localized flooding across parts of eastern Sudan.
- Consistently poor rainfall has led to deteriorating ground conditions across northeastern Nigeria and western Chad.
1) The potential for significantly heavy rainfall remains forecast over the River Nile and Kassala provinces of eastern Sudan, which may trigger localized flooding and elevated river levels along the Nile River basin during the next seven days.
Heavy rains were observed across dry areas in bi-modal regions along the Gulf of Guinea.
1) A pronounced late start of seasonal rainfall in July has delayed planting by approximately one month and has reduced crop yields across many parts of Sudan. The onset of continuous seasonal rainfall during September and October now remains critical for several local areas that have planted late. However, with seasonal rains quickly coming to an end, little time remains for additional rainfall.
A slight reduction in rainfall was observed across West Africa, while seasonal rains continued over eastern Africa during the past week.
- Rainfall deficits grow along the Gulf of Guinea, while dryness persists in eastern Sudan.
1) A delayed start of the rainfall season across northwestern Ethiopia, southern Eritrea, and bordering areas in Sudan has begun to negatively impact cropping activities, including planting. Heavy rains are, however, forecast during the next outlook period, which could provide some relief to dry conditions throughout the region.
Bonnes pluies dans les aires de reproduction estivale
Good rains fall in summer breeding areas
Heavy and above-average rains fell in Sudan, causing flooding and infrastructure damages.
1) A poor start of the rainfall season across northwestern Ethiopia, southern Eritrea, and bordering areas in Sudan has begun to negatively impact cropping activities, including planting. Above-average rains are, however, forecast during the next outlook period, which could provide some relief to dry conditions throughout the region.
Rains continue to recover across the Sahel of West Africa, while rainfall deficits develop along the Gulf of Guinea.
Seasonal rainfall deficits grow and expand into eastern/central Sudan.
1) During much of May and the beginning of June, intermittent and insufficient rains had increased rainfall deficits over parts of northeastern Nigeria, resulting in poor NDVI values and delayed planting. However, recent moderate to heavy rains have decreased seasonal rainfall deficits and expected rains should be enough to satisfy cropping requirements.