- UNHCR Niger - May 2016 Factsheet
- WFP Niger Country Brief, April 2016
- UNICEF Niger Humanitarian Situation Report, April 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Lake Chad Basin Emergency: Humanitarian Needs and Response Overview 2016 2016 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- Nigeria Inter-agency Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
Save the Children is urging New Zealanders to invest in a fund that can help the organisation be more prepared and better able to help save children’s lives.
Every year, around 60 million children are affected by emergencies and every time disaster strikes, Save the Children must race against time to save lives.
CEO of Save the Children New Zealand Liz Gibbs said children are always the most in need during and after a disaster.
Written by: AlertNet correspondent
LONDON (AlertNet) - Amid frequent headlines about conflict-ridden Somalia, Afghanistan and Sudan, it is easy to overlook less well publicised emergencies in other parts the world. Yet some of these forgotten crises are likely to intensify in 2010, aggravating human suffering.
Here is a selection of some of the under-reported humanitarian emergencies at risk of deteriorating this year.