- OCHA Lake Chad Basin: Crisis Update No.3
- UNICEF Humanitarian Situation Report, March 2016
- Niger Perspectives sur la sécurité alimentaire - Février à Septembre 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Lake Chad Basin Emergency: Humanitarian Needs and Response Overview 2016 2016 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- Nigeria Inter-agency Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
JOHANNESBURG, 17 June 2009 (IRIN) - It will take at least ten years to develop a variety of staple grain that will survive in the climates caused by global warming in most parts of Africa, and the continent has less than two decades in which to do it, warn the authors of a new study.
"The countries have to start developing varieties now, but many of these countries don't have breeding programmes," said Luigi Guarino, one of three authors of a study to be published on 19 June in the US journal, Global Environmental Change.
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 7 (AFP) - British-based aid agency Oxfam criticised rich countries on Thursday for failing to heed warnings of a Niger-like food crisis that could affect 10 million people in southern Africa.