- OCHA Niger Flash Update No 1 - Gueskerou - Diffa, 19 Jun 2015 EN/FR
- OCHA Sahel 2015 | Quarterly Monitoring Report January – March 2015
- OCHA Bulletin Humanitaire Niger – mai 2015
Latest Funding Information
- Nigeria Inter-agency Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) 2015
- 2015 Plan de réponse stratégique Niger - Janvier 2015
JOHANNESBURG, 17 June 2009 (IRIN) - It will take at least ten years to develop a variety of staple grain that will survive in the climates caused by global warming in most parts of Africa, and the continent has less than two decades in which to do it, warn the authors of a new study.
"The countries have to start developing varieties now, but many of these countries don't have breeding programmes," said Luigi Guarino, one of three authors of a study to be published on 19 June in the US journal, Global Environmental Change.
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 7 (AFP) - British-based aid agency Oxfam criticised rich countries on Thursday for failing to heed warnings of a Niger-like food crisis that could affect 10 million people in southern Africa.