- UNHCR Niger - May 2017 Factsheet
- UNICEF Niger Humanitarian Situation Report, April 2017
- ACAPS Briefing Note - Niger: Hepatitis E in Diffa Region, 04 May 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- 2017 Lake Chad Basin Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview EN FR
- 2017 Sahel - Overview of humanitarian needs and requirements EN FR
- Nigeria Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan-Dec 2017
- Lake Chad Basin crisis: Response strategy (2017–2019)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
The data table below is as of 26 March 2014
World’s most populous region certified polio-free: the WHO South East Asia Region was certified polio-free at a ceremony in India this week, meaning that transmission of wild poliovirus has been interrupted in this bloc of 11 countries stretching from Indonesia to India. This achievement marks a significant leap forward in global eradication, with 80% of the world’s population now living in certified polio-free regions.
Comprehensive Information on Complex Crises
This document provides complex coverage of global events, with hyper-links to source material highlighted in blue and underlined in the text. For more information on the topics below or other issues pertaining to events in the region, contact the members of the Complex Coverage Team, or visit our website at www.cimicweb.org.
INSIDE THIS ISSUE
Multiple IED attacks in Iraq
Report says cross border tensions will increase globally as climate change affects water resources
A new report evaluating the water security of 165 countries has rated the African nations of Somalia, Mauritania, Sudan and Niger as being most at risk.
The Water Security Risk Index has been developed by Maplecroft, a firm specialising in corporate risk intelligence, to identify risks to the supply chains and operations of multinational companies.
Millions of Children Still Dying Each Year Despite Availability of Proven, Low-Cost Interventions that Could Save Their Lives