- UNHCR Niger - August 2016 Factsheet
- OCHA Bulletin humanitaire Niger - septembre - octobre 2016
- UNICEF Niger Humanitarian Situation Report, July 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Lake Chad Basin Emergency Response 1 Jul–30 Sep 2016
- Lake Chad Basin Emergency: Humanitarian Needs and Response Overview 2016 (May 2016) 2016 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- Nigeria Inter-agency Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
- Community in Niger gains access to clean
- Thousands recovering from severe flooding in Indonesian capital
As we commemorate World Day for Water, March 22, Church World Service continues to assist communities in their quest for clean water sources. In southeastern Niger, in West Africa, for example, 465 households--1,863 people--in Maito village, are gaining access to clean water for household and farming use, with the help of Church World Service and local partner NAGARTA.
INDONESIA -CENTRAL JAVA AND YOGYAKARTA - EARTHQUAKE AND MT MERAPI VOLCANO
On 27 May, an earthquake measuring 5.9 on Richter scale struck Yogyakarta Province. The epicentre was approximately 37.2 km south of Yogyakarta at a depth of 33 kilometres. The most affected districts were Bantul and Kulonprogo south of Yogyakarta. The death toll stands at 5,778. The number of injuries stands at 37,912. 205,888 homes have been completely destroyed.
A message from the ACT Coordinating Office
Each week, the World Health Organization Department for Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.
'We tried to believe in our hearts that we'd harvest something...that the rains would start again, but the dry spell continued and there was no rain.' Davis Mulomba, Malawian farmer, interview with Oxfam staff, September 05