- WFP Niger Country Brief, June 2017
- UNICEF Niger Humanitarian Situation Report, June 2017)
- OCHA Bulletin humanitaire, Mai - Juin 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- 2017 Lake Chad Basin Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview EN FR
- 2017 Sahel - Overview of humanitarian needs and requirements EN FR
- Nigeria Situation 2017 Supplementary Appeal Jan-Dec 2017 (Rev Jul 2017)
- Nigeria Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan-Dec 2017
- Lake Chad Basin crisis: Response strategy (2017–2019)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Niger: Floods - Jun 2017
- Niger: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Apr 2017
- Niger: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2017
- Niger: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Niger: Floods - Jul 2016
- Niger: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2016
- Niger: Floods - Jul 2015
- Niger: Meningitis and Measles Outbreaks - Apr 2015
- Niger: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2014
Our methodology uses 9 indicators, grouped under 3 categories:
Access of humanitarian actors to affected population
Access of people in need to humanitarian aid
Security and physical constraints Each category is measured through proxy indicators, such as violence against personnel, denial of needs, or active hostilities.
Data is collected at the country level and may therefore not show disparities between sub-regions.
By Earl Conteh-Morgan, Professor of International Studies, University of South Florida
WFP Chad welcomed a USD 4 million contribution from China to provide food assistance to some 100,000 Sudanese refugees in the East and vulnerable women and children in the Lake Chad region.
On 9 June, the Zero Hunger Strategic Review was launched by the former Chadian Prime Minister Nassour G. Ouaido selected as Lead Convener.
This brief summarizes FEWS NET’s most forward-looking analysis of projected emergency food assistance needs in FEWS NET coverage countries. The projected size of each country’s acutely food insecure population is compared to last year and the recent five-year average. Countries where external emergency food assistance needs are anticipated are identified. Projected lean season months highlighted in red indicate either an early start or an extension to the typical lean season.
Le HCR et ses partenaires se mobilisent pour apporter protection et assistance à des milliers de personnes arrivées du Niger
Nouvel afflux de réfugiés de la RCA
Plus de 500 Soudanais trouvent refuge au Chad suite à des affrontements entre agriculteurs et éleveurs
Des nouveaux arrivants du Niger
Thousands arrived in Baga Sola, in Chad from Niger
Fresh influx of CAR refugees in the south of Chad
Over 500 Sudanese sought refuge in Chad following clashes between farmers and herders
New Arrivals from Niger
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
4 000 PERSONNES FUIENT LES COMBATS EN RCA VOISINE
CAR FIGHTING FORCES OVER 4,000 INTO CAMEROON
On 3 July, the 1591 Sudan Sanctions Committee met to discuss the report of the chair, Ambassador Volodymyr Yelchenko (Ukraine), on his 14 to 18 May 2017 visit to Sudan (SC/12903). Yelchenko briefed Council members in consultations on the work of the committee on 24 July.
Children and Armed Conflict
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.