- OCHA Bulletin Humanitaire Niger Août/Septembre 2015
- FEWS Niger : Mise à jour sur la sécurité alimentaire - Août 2015
- UNICEF Niger Situation Report, July 2015
Latest Funding Information
- Nigeria Inter-agency Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) 2015 FR
- 2015 Plan de réponse stratégique Niger - Janvier 2015
Islamic Relief Worldwide has today published its annual report for 2014, which gives details of income and expenditure – and the positive impact achieved for millions of vulnerable people.
In 2014, our total global income reached £182 million – a growth of £62 million since 2012 – and voluntary income rose to a record high of 79 per cent of our total income. This year saw even more spending carried out directly through our field offices worldwide.
Niger - Conflict
• Over the last two to three days, active combats between Boko Haram insurgents and a mix of patrols from Niger and Chadian forces took place in Diffa. Although no report is currently available, significant causalities are reported among the civilian population. On 9 February, the Parliament of Niger gave a green light for the deployment of additional troops in the Diffa area.
Sebastian AJ Taylor
University of East Anglia, United Kingdom
Balkans: On 13 May, cyclone Tamara hit the Balkans. Heavy rainfall resulted in extensive flooding in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Croatia; 1.6 million, 1.5 million, and 38,000 people have been affected, respectively. In total, 81,879 people have been evacuated. Relief efforts are being hampered by landslides, damaged infrastructure, blocked roads, and blackouts.
La donación española de 29 millones de euros a Gavi Alliance contribuirá a acelerar las iniciativas en materia de vacunación en 72 de los países más pobres del mundo.
Esta mañana se han reunido en la sede de la AECID la Secretaria de Estado de Cooperación Internacional, Soraya Rodríguez y la Directora de la AECID, Elena Madrazo con el Secretario Ejecutivo de GAVI, Dr.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.