- WFP Niger Country Brief, June 2017
- UNICEF Niger Humanitarian Situation Report, June 2017)
- OCHA Bulletin humanitaire, Mai - Juin 2017
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- 2017 Lake Chad Basin Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview EN FR
- 2017 Sahel - Overview of humanitarian needs and requirements EN FR
- Nigeria Situation 2017 Supplementary Appeal Jan-Dec 2017 (Rev Jul 2017)
- Nigeria Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan-Dec 2017
- Lake Chad Basin crisis: Response strategy (2017–2019)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Niger: Floods - Jun 2017
- Niger: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Apr 2017
- Niger: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2017
- Niger: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Niger: Floods - Jul 2016
- Niger: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2016
- Niger: Floods - Jul 2015
- Niger: Meningitis and Measles Outbreaks - Apr 2015
- Niger: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2014
This Annual Report highlights the impact of the Joint UNDP-DPA Programme on Building National Capacities for Conflict Prevention. In 2016, the Joint Programme provided support to 45 countries, including through the deployment of Peace and Development Advisors.
The 2015 International Annual Report describes how SOS Children’s Villages around the world supported children and strengthened families and communities in 2015 through community-integrated responses in care, education, health and emergency services.
The 573 SOS Children’s Villages around the world in 2015 are described as ‘care and protection hubs’ for their local communities, as they provided a range of locally-tailored services to support vulnerable children.
Islamic Relief Worldwide has today published its annual report for 2014, which gives details of income and expenditure – and the positive impact achieved for millions of vulnerable people.
In 2014, our total global income reached £182 million – a growth of £62 million since 2012 – and voluntary income rose to a record high of 79 per cent of our total income. This year saw even more spending carried out directly through our field offices worldwide.
Niger - Conflict
• Over the last two to three days, active combats between Boko Haram insurgents and a mix of patrols from Niger and Chadian forces took place in Diffa. Although no report is currently available, significant causalities are reported among the civilian population. On 9 February, the Parliament of Niger gave a green light for the deployment of additional troops in the Diffa area.
Sebastian AJ Taylor
University of East Anglia, United Kingdom
Balkans: On 13 May, cyclone Tamara hit the Balkans. Heavy rainfall resulted in extensive flooding in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Croatia; 1.6 million, 1.5 million, and 38,000 people have been affected, respectively. In total, 81,879 people have been evacuated. Relief efforts are being hampered by landslides, damaged infrastructure, blocked roads, and blackouts.
La donación española de 29 millones de euros a Gavi Alliance contribuirá a acelerar las iniciativas en materia de vacunación en 72 de los países más pobres del mundo.
Esta mañana se han reunido en la sede de la AECID la Secretaria de Estado de Cooperación Internacional, Soraya Rodríguez y la Directora de la AECID, Elena Madrazo con el Secretario Ejecutivo de GAVI, Dr.
1. A significant increase in the numbers of persons of concern to UNHCR brought new challenges in 2006. While there was a 14 per cent increase in refugee numbers from the previous year, the Office's involvement, together with other humanitarian partners, in protecting and assisting internally displaced persons (IDPs) under the inter-agency cluster approach, resulted in a doubling of IDP figures. Thanks to better data capturing, many more stateless people have been identified, also swelling numbers.