- UNHCR Niger - August 2016 Factsheet
- OCHA Bulletin humanitaire Niger - août 2016
- UNICEF Niger Humanitarian Situation Report, July 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Lake Chad Basin Emergency Response 1 Jul–30 Sep 2016
- Lake Chad Basin Emergency: Humanitarian Needs and Response Overview 2016 (May 2016) 2016 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- Nigeria Inter-agency Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
Assisted Voluntary Returns Peaked at 70,000 in 2015: IOM
Switzerland - IOM assisted 69,540 migrants from 97 host and/or transit countries and 156 countries of origin in 2015, as part of its Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) programmes, according to the newly-released AVRR 2015 Key Highlights report.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
Should satisfactory agricultural and food prospects be expected?
1. General overview of the rainfall and agricultural situation in the Sahel and West Africa
Seasonal forecasts for West Africa by the African Center of Meteorological Applications for Development - ACMAD have been confirmed. After a late start to the agricultural season in mid-July accompanied by irregular rains, rainfall was intense throughout the region during August and September.
Sixty-first General Assembly
52nd & 53rd Meetings (AM & PM)
Assembly Also Considers Strategies to Forestall Disasters, Boost Response; Assistance to Palestinian People; Three Texts on Regional Cooperation Adopted
(New York: 23 May 2006): The Advisory Group on the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) today held its inaugural session at United Nations Headquarters in New York.
Each week, the World Health Organization Department for Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.