- GIEWS Country Brief: Niger 17 Nov 2016
- UNICEF Niger Humanitarian Situation Report, Oct 2016
- WFP Niger Country Brief, Oct 2016
Appeals & Funding
- Lake Chad Basin Emergency: Revised requirement and response priorities (Sep-Dec 2016) 2016 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- Nigeria Inter-agency Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP) 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
- WHO Humanitarian Response Plan 2016
Desert Locust outbreak continues in **Mauritania** while smaller ones develop in **Eritrea** and **Yemen**
Global Overview NOVEMBER 2016
Le contexte de déplacement au Mali reste complexe et fluide. Des mouvements de personnes déplacées résidant actuellement dans les régions du sud vers les régions du nord continuent d'être signalés. Alors que certains ont indiqué être retournés définitivement, d'autres déplacés expliquent faire des allers-retours entre le lieu de déplacement et le lieu d'origine.
Situation Générale en octobre 2016 Prévision jusqu'à’mi-décembre 2016
General Situation during October 2016 Forecast until mid-December 2016
Global Overview OCTOBER 2016
EU allocates funding to manage migration and address root causes
4,328 INTERVIEWS WERE CONDUCTED IN THE PERIOD FROM JUNE TO SEPTEMBER 2016 BY IOM IN THE FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA, GREECE, HUNGARY, SERBIA, AND ITALY
ABOUT DTM’S FLOW MONITORING SURVEYS
Situation Générale en septembre 2016
Prévision jusqu'à’mi-novembre 2016
Movements towards Europe
9,499 migrants and refugees from West Africa arrived in Italy using the Central Mediterranean Route, including 3,742 Nigerians, 1,150 Guineans, 1,006 Ivoirians, 895 Gambians, 886 Senegalese, 932 Malians, and 757 Ghanaians.
53 people lost their lives crossing the Mediterranean Sea, the lowest recorded number of deaths in the Mediterranean Sea this year. 3,179 people have died or gone missing while trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea since January.
Since August 2016 the Government of Niger has been implementing stricter measures to control irregular migration of ECOWAS migrants going into Libya or Algeria without valid documentation. To this end, control operations are in place in the region of Agadez with security forces controlling and turning back vehicles transporting migrants irregularly.
The presence of migrants at the flow monitoring points of Arlit and Séguédine has decreased following these measures with a marked decrease of migrants leaving Niger for Algeria or Libya.
**TRUST FUND FOR STABILITY AND ADDRESSING ROOT CAUSES OF IRREGULAR MIGRATION AND DISPLACED PERSONS IN AFRICA
The European Union and Africa enjoy a long-standing and comprehensive partnership, which has deepened and diversified over decades and in particular since the first Africa-EU Summit in 2000. The Valletta Summit in November 2015 complemented already existing processes with African Countries, focusing on different aspects of migration.
Situation Générale en août 2016 Prévision jusqu'à’mi-octobre 2016
In July 2016 the Peace and Security Council (PSC) and the United Nations (UN) sent a technical team to assess the situation in Mali and the Sahel. This was in response to the continued instability in the country, despite efforts by Malian and international forces. Plans for more offensive action against armed jihadist groups have been afoot for quite some time, but can they work?
Africa Weather Hazards
- Persistent, above average rainfall since July has led to excessively rainfall surpluses and floods that have damaged infrastructure, displaced populations, and caused fatalities in parts of Sudan, South Sudan, and Ethiopia.
- Below-average seasonal rainfall and persistent moisture deficits in the region have negatively impacted developing crops across parts of eastern Oromia and SNNPR in Ethiopia.
- There is a potential for increased number of locusts migrating from the Arabian Peninsula which may negatively impact cropping …