- OCHA Bulletin humanitaire Novembre 2014
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2015
- OCHA Flash Update N°3 du 27 novembre 2014
Latest Funding Information
- 2014-2016 Plan de réponse stratégique - Révision août 2014
- Nigeria Regional Refugee Response Plan, August - December 2014
· On March 31, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) assumed full command of military operations in Libya.
· Pro-Qadhafi forces have recaptured the key oil port of Ras Lanuf and the nearby town of Bin Jawad, according to international media sources. Reports also indicate that, as of March 31, Qadhafi and opposition forces continued to fight over control of Brega, while Qadhafi forces intensified attacks on Misratah-located approximately 200 km west of Tripoli-according to international media.
This report is produced by OCHA Libya in collaboration with humanitarian partners, covering the period of 29 to 31 March. The next report will be issued on or around 3 April.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- To date, at least 405,107 people have left Libya of which 83,840 were repatriated.
Points saillants pour Mars 2011
· Poursuite des importations des céréales en provenance des marchés du nord Nigeria, nord Benin et nord-est Burkina Faso, mais de façon moins soutenue qu’en janvier et février 2010,
NIAMEY, 29 March 2011 (IRIN) - Six months before the start of the 2009 rainy season the government of Niger was warned the rains would fail. In the drought that followed, more than half the population - 7.8 million people - faced food shortages.
This report is produced by OCHA Libya. The next report will be issued on or around 31 March .
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- The London Conference was held today, while the African Union met last Friday to discuss the Libyan crisis.
- Since the start of hostilities 389,767 people have left Libya.
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today's Palais des Nations press briefing in Geneva. Further information can be found on the UNHCR websites,www.unhcr.organd www.unhcr.fr, which should also be checked for regular media updates on non-briefing days.
In the last four days, we have seen the first boat arrivals into Europe directly from Libya since the outbreak of conflict there.
The review comes at a time when the humanitarian community faces a number of daunting challenges. Disasters are increasing, as are the numbers of people affected by them. These are set out starkly in the Chair's foreword and in the report itself.
The UK is a major contributor in humanitarian crises, and is highly respected for its role. Some of the best known humanitarian organisations are UK based, and the British public gives generously in appeals.
· As of March 28, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has assumed command of the international mission to enforce the no-fly zone in Libya, where coalition airstrikes on Libyan military sites continue, according to international media sources.
· According to international media reports, opposition forces recaptured the eastern town of Ajdabiya, Libya, on March 26, as well as four other key eastern coastal towns-Ras Lanuf, Brega, Uqayla, and Bin Jawad-on March 27.
This report is produced by OCHA Libya. The next report will be issued on or around 29 March .
IOM has resumed the evacuation of stranded migrants from the port of Benghazi to the border crossing at Salum, in Egypt, after a brief suspension caused by the deteriorating security conditions.
Yesterday, 24 March, IOM evacuated 146 Chadian and 4 Bangladeshis in a convoy of buses which reached Salum in the evening.
This is a summary of what was said by the UNHCR spokesperson at today's Palais des Nations press briefing in Geneva. Further information can be found on the UNHCR websites, www.unhcr.org and www.unhcr.fr, which should also be checked for regular media updates on non-briefing days.
UNHCR is hearing consistent reports from new arrivals and a number of partners in eastern Libya of increased internal displacement.
Des dizaines de milliers de cas évités, mais beaucoup reste à faire pour assurer un succès durable.
BRAZZAVILLE/DAKAR, 25 mars 2011 - Les experts en santé publique confirment aujourd'hui qu'une épidémie dévastatrice de polio est sur le point d'être arrêtée dans les pays d'Afrique de l'Ouest - mais avertissent que la complaisance pourrait donner un nouveau souffle au foyer épidémique.
h On March 23, North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) warships began patrolling Libya's coast to enforce a U.N. arms embargo on Libya, according to international media sources. Media sources also reported that international coalition forces conducted a fifth night of airstrikes against Libyan defense sites on March 24.
This report is produced by OCHA Libya. The next report will be issued on or around 27 March.
- 2,6 millions de personnes sont en insécurité alimentaire modérée et sévère en janvier 2011 selon les résultats de l'enquête nationale conjointe du Système d'alerte précoce (SAP) et partenaires sur la vulnérabilité à l'insécurité alimentaire.
- Project Objectives
The project development objective (PDO) is to establish and support an effective safety net system which will increase access of poor and food insecure people to cash transfer and cash-for-work programs.
- As of today, 345,749 migrants have fled after one month of violence in Libya. This figure includes 200,000 Third Country Nationals (TCNs).
- As of 22 March, the IOM-UNHCR HEC and its partners have evacuated a total of 65,425 Third Country Nationals* stranded in Tunisia, Egypt, Niger, Algeria, Chad and Sudan to return to their countries of origins. Bookings have already been confirmed for more than 2,592 persons until 28 March.
- The remaining caseload of migrants at this stage is estimated at 8,000 people to be evacuated.