- FEWS NET Mozambique Food Security Outlook Update, February 2017
- WFP Mozambique Situation Report #4 - 17 March 2017
- Cyclone DINEO Office of the Resident Coordinator Situation Report No. 1 (as of 16 March 2017)
Appeals & Funding
- Flash Appeal: Emergency Response Plan for Mozambique - Cyclone Dineo
- RIASCO Action Plan for Southern Africa - Revised regional response plan for the El Niño-induced drought in Southern Africa Dec 2016 - Apr 2017
Information Update from WFP Regional Office
for Southern Africa
This is the second in a series of information updates provided on a
fortnightly basis by the WFP Regional Office (but the first to be
forwarded to WFP Emergency Report recipients). Please note that the WFP
Regional Office coverage is Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mozambique,
Zambia and Zimbabwe. Information received by Swaziland has also been
LICHINGA (MOZAMBIQUE), (PANA) - Mozambican
immigration officials said Tuesday that 85 Burundians, fleeing conflict
in their country had sought refuge in the northernmost Mozambican province
A spokesman for the immigration authorities in the provincial capital, Lichinga, told the Mozambican news agency, Aim, Tuesday that the refugees had reached Mozambique through Tanzania and Malawi.
Ref: DHAGVA - 97/0082
MOZAMBIQUE - FLOODS
World Vision Mozambique is distributing emergency food rations among thousands of families affected by severe flooding in central Mozambique.
MAPUTO, Mozambique (PANA) - The Mozambican government on Monday appealed to the international community for emergency aid valued at almost 30 million U.S. dollars to assist the victims of Februay's severe flooding in the central provinces, and to repair flood damage.
Ref: DHAGVA - 97/0073
MAPUTO, Mozambique (PANA) - The Mozambican government is preparing to launch an emergency appeal on Monday, seeking international support for the victims of widespread flooding in the centre of the country.