- Mali Regional Crisis Situation Report #10, 20 January 2016
- Déclaration à la presse faite par le Conseil de sécurité sur le Mali, 12 Janvier 2016
- OCHA Mali - Humanitarian Brief: A rare possibility to avoid a protracted crisis (Dec 2015)
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2016
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier - Décembre 2016
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2016
Rome, Banishing hunger must be a large part of making poverty history. One African in three is malnourished. Hunger in Africa, like elsewhere, is both a cause and an effect of poverty. There is saying in Africa: "When you take hunger out of poverty, poverty is halved."
WFP aims to feed 26 million victims of food crises on the continent this year because of drought, conflict, HIV/AIDS, locust infestations and economic problems. So far it has barely half the contributions it needs ($1 billion) to keep these people alive and build better lives.