- FEWS NET: Perspectives sur la sécurité alimentaire Juin à janvier 2017
- UNHCR Mali Factsheet - June 2016
- Mali: Humanitarian Bulletin, April - May 2016 EN FR
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2016
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier - Décembre 2016
Rome, Banishing hunger must be a large part of making poverty history. One African in three is malnourished. Hunger in Africa, like elsewhere, is both a cause and an effect of poverty. There is saying in Africa: "When you take hunger out of poverty, poverty is halved."
WFP aims to feed 26 million victims of food crises on the continent this year because of drought, conflict, HIV/AIDS, locust infestations and economic problems. So far it has barely half the contributions it needs ($1 billion) to keep these people alive and build better lives.