- UNICEF Mali Humanitarian Situation Report, January - March 2017
- IOM Mali: Flow Monitoring Report 14, Period 1-31 March 2017
- WFP Mali Country Brief, March 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Aperçu des besoins humanitaires 2017
- Plan de Réponse Humanitaire, Janvier - Décembre 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Mali Ministère de la Santé et de l'Hygiène
- UNHCR Opération Mali Portail de partage de l'Information
- Sahel Online Reporting System
- OCHA Mali
- Mission multidimensionnelle intégrée des Nations Unies pour la stabilisation au Mali (MINUSMA)
- OCHA Sahel Crisis
- Food Security Cluster: Mali
- HRW Report: Mali Events of 2016
4 May 2017 – A United Nations peacekeeper from Liberia was killed and nine others injured when their camp came under attack in the Malian city of Timbuktu, the UN Integrated Mission in the country, known as MINUSMA, has reported.
According to MINUSMA, eight among the injured were evacuated to capital Bamako for treatment.
“[We] condemn in the strongest terms this cowardly and ignoble attack on the camp and personnel,” said MINUSMA in the news release (in French), underscoring the need to identify those responsible for the attack and to bring them to justice.
Bamako, le 4 mai 2017 - Hier à 13h15, une attaque aux mortiers ou roquettes a été lancée contre le camp de la MINUSMA à Tombouctou (Super Camp). Selon les rapports préliminaires, six (6) obus y ont atterri. Le bilan est d’un (1) mort parmi les casques bleus du Libéria et neuf (9) blessés dont huit (8) évacués à Bamako. Des dégâts matériels ont également été causés dont l’ampleur sera établie ultérieurement. Aucun personnel civil n’a été affecté.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the first quarter of 2017 (January to March).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
Le contenu de ce bulletin s’articule autour des points suivants :
• Résultats de la surveillance épidémiologique de janvier à septembre 2016;
• Résultats des activités de surveillance du paludisme ;
• Résultats des activités de détection et de prise en charge des cas de malnutrition aigue et sévère chez les enfants de 6-59 mois • Situation des cas de morsures de serpent;
• Intérêt des activités de vaccinations de rattrapage des enfants d’âge vaccinal;
• Situation des autres pathologies fébriles chez les enfants de moins de 5 ans hospitalisés.
GICHD and SIPRI release global report of anti-vehicle mine incidents in 2016
13,439 People arrived by sea.
1,875 Unaccompanied and separated children (UASC) arrived by sea.
31% Sea arrivals disembarked in hotspots.
487 Dead and missing at sea.
24,209 Asylum applications, including from sea and other arrivals.
14,813 Asylum decisions made by decentralized Territorial Commissions.
3,941 Total relocations from Italy under the EU relocation scheme.
174,469 People accommodated in reception centres on 28 February 2017.
Local health champions deliver big impact
“A few weeks ago, my daughter Awa became very ill. She was listless and weak,” says Oumou Macalou, a 25-year-old mother of four. “Thankfully, she’s getting better now. She is interacting with the nurses and pays attention to every little thing. She’s even smiling every now and then.”
- The state of emergency in Mali has been extended, reflecting continued insecurity. Furthermore, in several regions of the country a ban on motorbikes has been imposed to limit terrorist groups' ability to move. However, this also affects the population's ability to access basic services and livelihood opportunities. Due to this insecurity, humanitarian access is shrinking.
MAIN FINDINGS DURING MARCH 2017
283 Incoming individuals detected at Mali FMPs
2,371 Outgoing individuals detected at Mali FMPs
3 active FMPs in Mali
Assessment type : 7/7 days
West Africa can be divided into three agro-ecological zones or three different trade basins (West Basin, Central Basin and East Basin). Both important for understanding market behavior and dynamics.
The Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) monitors trends in staple food prices in countries vulnerable to food insecurity. For each FEWS NET country and region, the Price Bulletin provides a set of charts showing monthly prices in the current marketing year in selected urban centers and allowing users to compare current trends with both five-year average prices, indicative of seasonal trends, and prices in the previous year.
28 avril 2017 – De retour d'une mission effectuée au Mali la semaine dernière, le Directeur des opérations du Bureau de la coordination des affaires humanitaires (OCHA) des Nations Unies, John Ging, a attiré l'attention vendredi sur l'urgence complexe à laquelle est confrontée le pays ainsi que sur la détérioration de la situation humanitaire.
(New York, 28 April 2017): Following a three-day mission to Mali last week, the Director of Operations for the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, John Ging, today drew attention to the complex emergency in Mali and the deteriorating humanitarian situation as a direct result of the conflict.
Teachers who fled in the wake of threats and the killing of a school head in the West African country will get psychological support after returning to their classrooms. Dozens of teachers in Burkina Faso who fled into hiding after receiving threats from Islamist militants have returned to their classrooms and will receive psychological support after one of them was killed by suspected jihadists, officials said.
43,357 arrivals by sea in 2017
published 09:00 CET 28 April
363,401 arrivals in 2016