Iran (Islamic Republic of)
- Iran: Flash Floods - Jul 2015
- Iran: Earthquake - Nov 2013
- Iran/Pakistan: Earthquake - Apr 2013
- Iran: Earthquake - Apr 2013
- Iran: Earthquake - Aug 2012
- Iran: Earthquakes - Dec 2010
- Iran: Earthquake - Jul 2010
- Iran: Earthquakes - Jan 2010
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Iran: Earthquake - Sep 2008
- 1,464 undocumented Afghans returned from Pakistan
- 8,766 undocumented Afghans returned from Iran
- 81,286 total returns from Pakistan since 1 January 2017
- 215,084 total returns from Iran since 1 January 2017
- 94% of returnees from Pakistan (1,378 individuals) assisted
- 5% of returnees from Iran (443 individuals) assisted
Gorgan, Aug 14, IRNA – The August-10 floods damage in Golestan Province is estimated to be more than 35 million dollars, said President Hassan Rouhani's adviser and Iranian Government spokesman Mohammad-Baqer Nobakht.
Nobakht attended Crisis Management Committee meeting of the province to discuss ways of helping the affected people.
From January to 13 July 2017, nearly 193,000 people have been displaced by conflict in Afghanistan, up by 10,000 compared with the previous week.
All 3,200 displaced people who fled Mirzawolang village to Sar-e-Pul City after the recent attack on their village are being assisted with cash, food and emergency household items.
An eight-month project aimed at integrating 24,000 undocumented Afghan returnees from Pakistan was launched in Jalalabad, Nangarhar, by DRC-DDG with funding from the Canadian Government.
Mashad, Aug 13, IRNA – A flood in Khorasan Razavi province, northeastern Iran, has so far left nine killed and four missing, said a local official on Saturday eveening.
The flood triggered by heavy rains on August 11 has so far claimed five lives in the provincial city of Kalat, two in Dargaz, one in Nishabour and one in Fariman, Director General of provincial Crisis Management Office Hojjatali Shayanfar told the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA).
Those gone missing included passengers and tourists visiting the area, he said.
Mashad, Razavi Khorasan prov, Aug 12, IRNA – The number of victims of Friday's flash flood in the Razavi Khorasan Province mounted to 8, it was reported on Saturday.
The flood, which happened on Friday in this northeastern, also damaged some 25 villages, Managing Director of the provincial Crisis Management office Hojjat Ali Shayanfar told the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) on Friday night.
Heavy rain caused flash flood in the provincial cities of Kalat, Dargaz and Quchan and their suburbs destroying buildings and infrastructural facilities.
This report analyses data collected from refugees and asylum-seekers in Gaziantep and Kilis, Turkey between April 24 and May 6, 2017. It is the first in a series of data collection rounds by Ground Truth Solutions in Turkey, under the Mixed Migration Platform (MMP). Additional data collection will include both quantitative and qualitative research, looking at refugee, asylum-seeker, and migrant perceptions of humanitarian assistance in different regions of Turkey.
117,795 arrivals by sea in 2017
363,401 arrivals in 2016
332 Refugees voluntary repatriated January to end June 2017
405 Refugees departed for resettlement during the first half of 2017
Over 350,000 * Afghan and Iraqi students enrolled in the 2016-2017 academic year
1,425 Refugees planned to be targeted so far for various livelihoods projects in 2017
Population of concern Funding for 2017
This month, the CASWA 4Mi paper focuses on migration linked to ongoing conflict and political instability.
116,692 arrivals by sea in 2017
363,401 arrivals in 2016
Kabul – On a recent Monday morning on 24 July, the Director General of National Environmental Protection Agency (NEPA), H.E.Mostafa Zaher and his environment team along with UN Environment and United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) were strategizing improving the country’s environment and reviewing graphs projected on a meeting-room wall.
- 1,985 undocumented Afghans returned from Pakistan
- 9,650 undocumented Afghans returned from Iran
- 79,822 total returns from Pakistan since 01 January 2017
- 206,318 total returns from Iran since 01 January 2017
- 96% of returnees from Pakistan (1,898 individuals) assisted
- 3.5% of returnees from Iran (342 individuals) assisted
A refugee found dead yesterday on Papua New Guinea's Manus Island was not given adequate care, according to mental health nurse who worked there.
Read more on Radio New Zealand International
Manus Island authorities have confirmed an Iranian asylum seeker has died at the immigration detention centre.
An Immigration Department spokesman said the Government was aware of the death in the Lorengau township.
Police are investigating the incident and have cordoned off the area where the man was found.
The man's cause of death is not known.
- More than three decades of war, civil unrest, and recurring natural disasters have contributed to long-standing humanitarian need in Afghanistan. Since January 2017, the UN reports that conflict has internally displaced more than 146,000 people, and natural disasters have affected 98,000 people.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.