- UN Haiti Cholera Response January to March 2015
- FEWS NET Perspectives sur la sécurité alimentaire, Avril à septembre 2015
- WFP Haiti Brief: Reporting period: 1 Jan – 31 Mar 2015
Appeals & Funding
Haiti - Severe weather
• Heavy rains affected Haiti over 3-5 April, causing floods and damage, including in the capital Port-au-Prince. At least six people were killed and 8,000 houses were damaged (as of 6 April, media).
• Isolated heavy rainfall may still affect some areas of Haiti in the evening of 7 April.
The Livelihood Zone Map for Haiti is the result of secondary data review and key informant workshops held in July 2014 and validated through field work in August-September 2014, as well as additional key informant consultations. A livelihood zone is an area within which people share broadly the same pattern of livelihood, including options for obtaining food and income and market opportunities. A livelihood zoning is essential for the following reasons: