- OCHA Humanitarian Bulletin - Issue 55 October 2015 EN FR
- IFRC: How law and regulation supports disaster risk reduction - Haiti case - study report
- IFRC: Haiti and the Dominican Republic: Cholera appeal no. MDR49008 Revision no.2
Appeals & Funding
- Urgent request for humanitarian funding - Aug-Dec 2015 EN
- Transitional Appeal 2015 - 2016 EN/FR
- Emergency Response Fund (ERF) in 2015 PDF XLS
As of 28 October, the funding gap of the UN-coordinated inter-agency appeals is US$10.8 billion which means that 54 per cent of the required funds remain unmet.
Globally, humanitarian organizations aim to reach 82 million people across 38 countries in 2015.
1) CARIBBEAN – Tropical Cyclone ERIKA
• Tropical Storm ERIKA move through Lesser Antilles on 27 August, causing heavy rains and floods especially in Dominica. As of 31 August, in Dominica, there were 20 dead, several others missing, 300 people evacuated in 267 shelters, 48 houses destroyed and 84 damaged, nine areas categorized as special disaster areas, 50 % of the island was still without water provision on 30 August. Need assessments are still ongoing.