- UNICEF Guinea Ebola Situation Report, 11 Mar 2015
- Latest WHO Ebola response roadmap - Situation report
- UNMEER situation reports
Appeals & Funding
- Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak Response Plan in West Africa
- FAO EVD Outbreak National Response Programme - Guinea, Oct 2014-Sep 2015
• 2 milliards de dollars requis pour l’action humanitaire au Sahel en 2015.
• Plus de 190 000 réfugiés et rapatriés du nord du Nigéria au Cameroun, Tchad et Niger.
• 1,2 millions de déplacés internes dans le nord du Nigéria.
• Les communautés au Nigéria font face à une insécurité alimentaire et à la malnutrition.
•Zéro nouveau cas d'Ebola au Libéria, stagnation des chiffres en Sierra Leone et en Guinée.
• Since the start of the project in November 2014, IOM’s Health and Humanitarian Border Management team has screened over 30,000 passengers at Lungi International Airport in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
• 5,234 health care workers have been trained at IOM’s National Ebola Training Academy in Sierra Leone.
• Between 8 -21 March 4,600 travellers have been screened at Bo Waterside crossing point, Grand Cape Mount County in Liberia.
Rob Fowler, clinician
Dr Rob Fowler is a Canadian critical care physician from Toronto who was recruited by the World Health Organization in August 2013 to work with the Pandemic and Epidemic Diseases clinical team. When the Ebola outbreak was confirmed in late March 2014, Rob was part of the first clinical response team to deploy to Guinea. In the months to follow, Rob worked at an Ebola treatment centre, focusing on treating dehydration, organ dysfunction and shock to drive down mortality rates.
Norway has provided more than NOK 500 million to the efforts to fight Ebola in West Africa. The infection rate is now greatly reduced. Norway is therefore scaling down its efforts in cooperation with the authorities in the countries concerned and the UN. This means that Norwegian health workers will return to Norway at the end of March.
Washington, United States | | Friday 3/27/2015 - 08:49 GMT
Two experimental Ebola vaccines, tested in Liberia on more than 600 people in a phase 2 clinical trial appear to be safe, the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) said Thursday.
The results confirm two clinical trials, each with some 20 people, that were carried out earlier in the United States.
The current, unprecedented epidemic of the disease has killed more than 10,000 people since it first emerged in early 2014 in west Africa, mainly in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.
Response partners launch several social mobilization initiatives in Guinea and Sierra Leone
Government authorities and response partners focus on cross border prevention measures Liberian authorities review Resilient Health System Investment Plan
Key Political and Economic Developments
Response Efforts and Health
A total of 100 new suspected cases of measles were reported in Guinea in the week 9 to 15 March 2015, bringing the total number of suspected cases since 1 January 2015 to 491. 39 cases are confirmed.
• Suspected measles cases have been reported in 20 health districts. The number of suspected cases has surpassed the threshold at which an outbreak is declared in 15 health districts.
• There were no deaths resulting from measles reported this week. Since the start of the outbreak there have been three deaths.
Washington, United States | | Thursday 3/26/2015 - 21:56 GMT
The Ebola virus is not mutating as quickly as scientists had feared, which is good news for treating the disease and preventing its spread, a study showed Thursday.
Previous research based on limited data had suggested that Ebola was mutating twice as quickly as in the past, researchers said in the journal Science.
Washington, Etats-Unis | | jeudi 26/03/2015 - 18:09 GMT
Un vaccin expérimental fabriqué à partir du virus entier d'Ebola a été efficace chez des singes et pourrait mieux protéger que les vaccins expérimentaux n'utilisant qu'une partie de cet agent pathogène, selon une étude publiée jeudi.
Washington, United States | | Thursday 3/26/2015 - 18:41 GMT
An experimental Ebola vaccine has been shown to effectively protect monkeys against the often-deadly virus, according to a study published Thursday.
The new medicine, described in the journal Science, is what is known as a "whole virus" vaccine.
This means it is based on a non-active form of the entire virus instead of just fragments, and is more likely to trigger a broad immune response.
Le Conseil d’administration du Fonds monétaire international (FMI) a approuvé le 18 mars un don d’un montant équivalant à 21,42 millions de DTS (soit environ 29,8 millions de dollars ou 20 % de la quote-part) au titre du Fonds fiduciaire d’assistance et riposte aux catastrophes (ARC)1, pour accorder à la Guinée un allègement immédiat de sa dette. Cette décision a été prise sans que se réunisse le Conseil d’administration2.
Tokyo – The Government of Japan is providing US$ 237.4 million to support the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as it works to improve the lives of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable.
By Kate Kelland
LONDON, March 25 (Reuters) - The Ebola virus causing a devastating epidemic in West Africa is far more deadly in children than in adults, killing around 90 percent of babies under one who become infected, researchers said on Wednesday.
New confirmed EVD case in Liberia occurs nearly one month after country’s last confirmed case
The Government of Sierra Leone (GoSL) continues to report a declining trend in weekly incidence of new confirmed EVD cases
The Government of Guinea (GoG) documents 215 confirmed EVD cases in March as of March 23, surpassing the 153 and 214 cases reported in January and February, respectively
Sexual transmission of the Ebola virus may be possible, but has not yet been verified or documented.
No formal evidence exists of sexual transmission, and current knowledge is based on studies that were designed to answer other aims. Sexual transmission from convalescent patients cannot be ruled out. Men who have recovered from Ebola virus disease (EVD) should be aware that seminal fluid may be infectious for at least three months after onset of EVD symptoms.