- WFP Colombia: Country Brief, December 2016
- OCHA: Desplazamiento masivo Tumaco (Nariño) Flash Update No. 1 (14/01/17)
- Report of the Secretary-General on the United Nations Mission in Colombia (S/2016/1095) EN SP
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Plan de Respuesta Humanitaria 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - Latin America and the Caribbean
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
To see this news alert with links to sources, click here
Somalia: New displacement and protection risks for IDPs
Following the famine in Somalia, this virtual issue of Disasters brings together a number of seminal articles on previous famines in the Horn of Africa and elsewhere. The collection includes articles by world class scholars on early warning systems, targeting of emergency food aid, effectiveness of famine response, interface between war and famine, malnutrition, disease and mortality in times of famine and discussion of the definition of 'famine'. It is hoped that this rich literature, spanning almost 30 years, can be of help in informing the current response.
Highlights Countries in this issue: - International prices of wheat decreased for the third consecutive month but those of rice continue to increase.
15 Nov 2010 00:01:16 GMT
* Somalia is country most at risk from terrorism-ranking
* Greece is European country most in danger-consultancy
By William Maclean, Security Correspondent
Point 72 de l'ordre du jour provisoire*
Renforcement de la coordination de l'aide humanitaire et des secours
en cas de catastrophe fournis par les organismes des Nations Unies,
Council Establishes Mandate on Cultural Rights, Appoints Rapporteur for Cambodia, Extends Mandates for Myanmar, Somalia and Democratic People's Republic of Korea, and Elects Four Members of the Human Rights Council Advisory Committee
The Human Rights Council closed its tenth regular session this afternoon after adopting 34 texts on a wide range of issues.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs has granted 9.3 million euros in humanitarian assistance, in response to the needs caused by the world's greatest humanitarian crises. The decision made by Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Paavo Väyrynen supplements the decision to grant 52.2 million euros, made in spring 2008.
The aid focuses on long-term crises, most of which are located in Africa.