- OCHA: Boletín Humanitario Mensual - Número 61 | Junio 2017
- OCHA: Fondo Humanitario Colombia (Período: Segundo trimestre de 2017)
- OCHA: Afectación por inundaciones en Córdoba Flash Update No. 2 (18/07/2017)
Appeals & Funding
- 2017 Humanitarian Needs Overview
- Plan de Respuesta Humanitaria 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - Latin America and the Caribbean
- Informe Periódico de Monitoreo - Plan de Respuesta Humanitaria 2016 - Colombia
- Country-based Pooled Fund: 2016
- Colombia: Mudslides - Mar 2017
- Brazil: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Jan 2017
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Otto - Nov 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Latin America: Storm Surge - May 2015
- Colombia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2015
- Colombia: Floods - Oct 2014
Note by the Secretary-General
The Secretary-General has the honour to transmit to the members of the General Assembly the joint report of the Special Rapporteur on the sale and sexual exploitation of children, including child prostitution, child pornography and other child sexual abuse material, Maud de Boer-Buquicchio, and the Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially women and children, Maria Grazia Giammarinaro, submitted in accordance with General Assembly resolution 71/177 and Human Rights Council resolutions 34/16 and 35/5.
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available from open sources. All decisions made on the basis of, or with consideration to, such information remains the responsibility of respective organisations.
Central African Republic
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
FCO launches its Annual Human Rights report for 2016
Annual Report on Human Rights and Democracy puts human rights centre stage of foreign policy.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has published its 2016 Annual Human Rights Report. The report covers the period from January to December 2016 and for the first time includes a dedicated section on modern slavery - a key UK Government priority.
NRC in 2016: our year in review
We assisted millions in 2016. It wasn’t easy.
The numbers were bleak. Nearly 66 million people were on the move, fleeing conflict and disaster. But we persevered.
In 2016, displacement figures topped the charts yet again. As the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) scaled up, our 2016 annual report details, we supported more than six million people throughout the year – improving 2015 achievements by nearly 27 per cent.
A balancing act
Le Conseil tiendra un nouveau débat ouvert sur la coopération entre les Nations Unies et l’Union africaine dans le domaine du maintien de la paix
The Security Council would consider questions spanning four continents this month, and its work would include action on peacekeeping and political mandates, as well as holding two open debates and a briefing on Syria, on the heels of peace talks expected to resume tomorrow, Liu Jieyi (China), its President for July, said at a Headquarters press conference today.
GENEVA — "I was 12 years old when I was raped. I did not understand what was happening."
Nelle is now 36 years old. But in 1993 when war broke out in Burundi, armed men came to her village near the capital, Bujumbura. They killed her mother and father and six siblings. She was raped, but she survived.
“I saw people were killing each other. They were running away and killing each other. I hid myself under dead bodies for five days,” she said.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Expected Council Action