- The FAO Food Price Index continued
to rise in November.
- International prices of wheat and rice
increased significantly in November and early December. Prices of maize
- In Asia, prices of rice further strengthened
in the past month while prices of wheat remained high.
- In Africa, prices of cereals are declining
or stable and at low levels in all sub-regions.
- In Central America, prices of beans
are at record levels. Prices of maize that had seasonally declined remained
- In South America, prices of wheat flour